Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone any idea if this is anything to worry about sorry if this is a lil graphic too.Sometimes i get really bad cramp and have to go to the toilet but it is kinda shaped like my intestine would be shaped kinda worrying too. The other thing i get is sometimes i feel real shaky almost like i'm gonna fall down and have a fit (not something i suffer with) once i have been to the toilet usually about 30 mins later i'm fine again.

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Odd stool shape usually is meaningless. It doesn't indicate anything serious is going on. Stool is a bit like playdoh depending on what it gets squeezed through and what consistancy it has will determine the shape.The near fainting sounds like a vasovagal reaction see: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vasovagal-syncope/DS00806 .Having a bowel movement can trigger it and that sort of fainting spell (or near fainting spell) tends to be the sort of thing that passes very quickly.K.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, Andy, I have had this happen. About seven years ago it would happen in the middle of the night. I would wake up and feel that I was going to pass out, get to the loo and have a bm, and twenty minutes later would feel fine. It only happened for a year, off and on, and hasn't happened ever since. The best advice any doc could give me was if I fell, don't hit my head on the way down. They weren't very concerned about it and I never got an explanation of why this happened. But it is scary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies...I guess i just worry too much doesn't help me suffering from anxiety/panic attacks aswell as this because i'm pretty sure a lot of it is from that and then the anxiety etc gets worse because i don't feel good big horrible circle and all that. Makes me feel better knowing that it aint anything to worry bout although knowing me i'll still worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.