Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been quite a strange start to the new year.my IBS is always in falre up mode, actually dont think ive had a single hour without IBS playing up this year.but I haven't had D in the usual sense this year, it has been D but in a more solid state and more painful movement wise and less painful bowel wise (but always hurting)for the changing bm's the meds have chyanged slightlyI am still on the ibsacol, amitriptyline, motilium, immodium plus and loperamide though slightly increased doses and different timings.but also trying out two other ones, that I was wanting to get all your views about.I was prescribed lomotil which the doc (not my usual doc) said would be more binding, it would be faster to act and need less of them than loperamide but I cant notice anything different, loperamide i usually take more than the usual (non IBS) person would do (like all IBS'ers do) and wondering if maybe I should do the same with lomotil.the other was a drink called asilone, not sure what to make of this stuff, its mainly a antacid and antiflatulent that contains simeticone (the plus bit in imodium plus) but it also has magnisium which isnt good for us with D.I take it at night and it seems to give me a sore stomach but at the same time since i've been taking it I wake up with cramps a lot less then before.my doc had never prescribed it before and the pharmasist even said she doesnt think she has ever had to give it out and the only reason she has heard of it is because the last bottle she saw was going into the medical waste as it was so old.anyone ever heard of it and know if it would be helping or just hurting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should give Lomotil a try. I was prescribed it by a doctor, who also wasn't my doctor, and it has been fantastic. Immodium never worked for me and I was on various different medications until I tried Lomotil. I take two tablets four times daily when I get a flare up as well as colofac and it works. However, my boyfriend also suffers from IBS and it didn't work for him at all. Yet it's worth a shot. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.