Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new to this board and was recently diagnosed with IBS-C type about 3 months ago. I have my bowel movements pretty much under control now with a high fiber, mixed soluble and insoluble diet, tons of water, acidophilus, magnesium supplements(these have been a Godsend), b vitamins, walking and eating small meals throughout the whole day rather than breakfast, luncn, dinner... My question is, even though I've gotten this far with this condition and the pain around my belly button has pretty much gone away, I still, every single day, have these VERY loud gurgling and popping noises in my intestines. They are worse first thing in the morning, right after I eat and when I'm having a bowel movement. Anyone else have this? I was on another board, called Healther's something or other, but not too many there have this symptom and it's the one that concerns me the most. Is this just gas? I am extremely gassy everyday, btw. Thanks in advance!
Julie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Julie, read your labels - avoid like the plague anything with high fructose corn syrup. Also fructose and FOS in fiber supplements (and in acidolpholis) make this worse in my case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have this same problem throughout the day and it is pretty embarrasing especially when you work in an office and its really quiet and then all of a sudden you hear these loud gurgling and popping noises that sound like gas and everyone is looking at you. I have asked my doctor about it and he says it is just gas but I think it is much more especially when gas medicine does nothing to calm it down. It sucks....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.