Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from IBS (at least that what my Doc has told me) for 6 yrs. I question whether I actually have IBS or not. I do suffer from gas, nausea, pain in the left side (descending large intestine)and headaches...all of the above sypmtoms follow a bowel movement...my bowel movements are usually normal although they can be loose ( i do not suffer from the typical D or C). The symptom that is the most peculiar is the stuffy feeling i get in my right ear, almost as if it is blocked, possibly caused by a swolen lymph node...this feeling is extremely bothersome and I suffer from it after pretty much every bowel movement, especially if it is on the loose side. the feeling gets progessively nbetter until it is time for another bowel movement and then the cycle restarts. I have been to an 2 ENTs and they have offered no help. Has anyone heard of similar symptoms?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Funny enough yes! In Jan. this year (I had not IBS before) the entire family suffered with a horrible viral flu that came and went over three months. Mine began with a swollen lymph node (scared the hell out of me I can tell you) In fact it was a holiday in Ft. Lauderdale where I went to see an American Dr. who gave me two shots that pretty much cured me brought it to an end. However I have found the lymph node still tender and my ear has felt rather woolley from time to time - the UK Dr (apart from being horrified and the powerful antibiotics used in the States for my flu) assure me its just my body fighting infections from time to time and that my ear is fine. I am not sure whether this coincides with my flare ups (I am having one now and my ear neck area is tender and feeling woolley). Spookey huh!! I shall watch and see.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Funny enough yes! In Jan. this year (I had not IBS before) the entire family suffered with a horrible viral flu that came and went over three months. Mine began with a swollen lymph node (scared the hell out of me I can tell you) In fact it was a holiday in Ft. Lauderdale where I went to see an American Dr. who gave me two shots that pretty much cured me brought it to an end. However I have found the lymph node still tender and my ear has felt rather woolley from time to time - the UK Dr (apart from being horrified and the powerful antibiotics used in the States for my flu) assure me its just my body fighting infections from time to time and that my ear is fine. I am not sure whether this coincides with my flare ups (I am having one now and my ear neck area is tender and feeling woolley). Spookey huh!! I shall watch and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.