Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think stress has alot to do with my IBS and also certain foods. However IBS also causes me stress. I take an anti-depressant, anti-anxiety and only until I got Lotronex did the diarherra stop. Those of you who have D should get your Gaso to try it for you. I can go out now without worrying if I can get to the bathroom.Now my stress level is lower and I am getting back out in the real world without fear of an accident. If any of you are taking Lotronex let me know.Thanks,Barrett

· Registered
225 Posts
Barrett, I'm glad you're doing better. Stress is a double-edged sword, that's for sure. Having it contributes to flare-ups and flare-ups or fear thereof, contributes to stress. It's a catch 22. I'm on prozac, elavil, librax and zyrtec. I'm not bad enough to take lotronex on a daily basis but during my next visit with the GI doctor I plan to ask him what I can take for "reassurance" when I really want to get out and go somewhere. Right now it's just easier not to get out but I hate living my life like that. I was asked to serve Saturday in a wedding and normally I would have loved to do it. My IBS is or can be so unpredictable so I dreaded it. The more anxious I got the more I felt an attack coming on. I guzzled some Pepto and went in and had the best time of my life. I just can never tell. I'll ask the doctor about Lotronex.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.