Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the thread title pretty much sums up this realisation that struck me recently, it is the stress that activates over a reasonable amount of time, be the stress subconscious or conscious, that causes fecal body odour/leaky gas/ ad infinitum in regards to intestinal problems...Stress might not be the only issue, but it is certainly the large majority causer of every case above, there maybe minor adding features in your life, be it damage to the intestinal region through straining, i had a bit i think possibly from the gym, weakened PC muscles possibly adding a severity maybe to the problem, however stress is the major, if not entire cause of intestinal problems...Let me digress to give a bit of background information on this cause, when we feel emotion, where do we feel it? This is relevant so please stick with me and continue to read on, youll be glad
, we feel it in the belly area, where the intestines are located... that is why we feel butterflys there, and why more relevantly i would say, people say ive got the shits, when they feel nervous... very relevant i would say that last part, why? Because it is the subconscious stress or conscious stress that causes virtually all ibs problems, if not all of them... Just look at the symptoms of anybody, they are all random over time, they dont become born with the problem, it just suddenly 'happens', stress, causes this, over time stress builds up, and energetically, please stay with me here if you do not believe in energy etc, energetically causes a distortion of the flow, because emotions energetically are stored there... hence why we feel the above symptoms of these emotions in that area of the body, easily proved and demonstrated as i pointed out above...So, the solution? im sure you are screaming for this! haha, im not saying there is a mgic wand, because there aint, however there is a certain causes for virtually all of this ibs problem, if nott all of it, and you CAN solve it if you go back through your life when you did not experience the symptoms of the stress, i.e IBS, and witness what was different in your life, what did you do differently? who were your friends? how did you interact with your friends? where did you live? what was the place like where you lived? what were the relationships like with people where you lived? how was your relationships with family? if you had a job, what was it like? did it affect you in a different way? how did it make you feel? compare all of these things too now and your see some striking differences, maybe minor, but minor things that consciously might not affect you, subconsciously do, and where it subconsciously affects you, it affects your body, building that emotion bubblingunder the surface creating that energetic distortion in your belly/intestinal region - THUS, you are stressed subconsciously or consciously and your intestines then became stressed as a consequence, what do stressed intestines do when they are stressed, over worked? i think we know the answer to this one, dont we!? lol they work over time... they do not work efficently, they are nervous and this links in with another commo symptom of people with IBS, what do people usually say when they are something that seems to make the ibs problem worse? ANXIOUS, anxiety, is nervousness, the bowels/intestines are nervous, they have 'the shits', they are stressed is why, and thus act accordingly.So this is long, but it needs to be to get this information out there coherently hopefyully haha, and fully understood, to hepl as many people understand why they experience what they do, again hopefully this will happen...Practical solutions, what are they? Well, these are obviously individual on one level, because we all experience, different situations, life experiences, but on one level all the same, removing the symptoms of stress, whatever they maybe, because at the end of the say, there is no stress out there in the world we see with our eyes, it is our interpretation of that world that causes the stress, hence why we can interpret x. y, z event to be stressful, these are analogies, not practical ones, and another person can see those same x,y,z experiences to be not stressful at all... So, once you have analysed the differencesin your lie both pre and post IBS symptoms, this will take a lot of introspection/looking back, i wont lie, but this is a deep, quite possibly, entrenched problem in the MIND, thats where the problem is, you change the outlook, you change the feelings you get, and then that changes your experience, easier said than done obviously, but lets start at step one and work from there...If you discover after looking back, what causes your IBS problems/stress, change the experience, because yes stress is all in th MIND, however it is easier saying that and just trying to change your minds perspective than it is preactically experiencing it, HENCE, this is why changing the out there that we see, and experience, will help shift the minds perspective and thus follow with the body changing how it feels and then how we experience life... So, the change/but probably changes in all likelihood that we need to change our possibly, moving house to be in a different area, or to move closer to family, so we can build and have those powerful close innate unconditional experiences a lot easier, get in contact with close friends of the past, those who you can or atleast fele you can share everything with, including this current problem, and thus eliminate atleast some of the stress, although that is easier said than done because you dont want or atleast feel like being round friends who knew you in a different light when smelling bad, be it fecal odour,/leaky gas, or any IBS symptom... but if you trust these people will accept it because you know they would, then go for it, or cousins, family is always reliable to accept you for who you are no matter what, usually anyway, and the same can commonly said for indirect family, so that maybe the case for you... building friendships of any kind you feel can be made, not fake how is your day and thats the end of it friendships, but deep ones where you can share anything, even if its just on the net for starters, you need atleast someone the more the better who you can share this with, as soon as you have this, and of course they can share with you, its a common bond, its two way, you cant expect just to have an agony aunt, you need that mutual interaction so you can understand and FEEL there problems too, this will make you feel better instantaneously, and your smell direct results straight away, the more you share and the more people you can share with the less stressed you become and over time, this will correct the energetic balance within your intestinal area, and thus the stress your intestines has been feeling will wane and go completely, if enough time and stress go... this is a given, its just about restoring the peace there in your intestines region on an energetic level, you may think this is horsehit but if you read above, its proved correct. Changing jobs, university/college, may also be needed to help lower your stress levels, because in your mind there are experiences that cause stress in those areas, they maybe experiences that started just before IBS kicked in or happen afterwards, as when the smell started, comments and sniffs started and this upped the stress levels, which exacerbates the situation, so its basically about removing all coneections to stress, or as many as possible, because we have to live with some stress and thats fine, we can, its only when this stress lasts a signifcant time, that it builds up and triggers the IBS problems, because the build creates the energetic distortio as we proved earlier. So, once stress creaters are taken away as much as is doable in your life, and as many connections, even if it is one, that can be created, even if its just on the net, but the greater the connection the more affect it will have, the less stress you will have and the less amount of stress that can be built up will occur, meaning no IBS, because not enough time for the stress to build up for a signifcant amount of time and trigger the IBS.I will finish before this long post ruins my train of thought, this is not an event, as im sure you realised, this is a process, however the more you do the above in writing, the more at peace and better you feel and thus the less stress you will have consciously or subconsciously, wich will work down to the emotions in your intestinal region and lead to less and less symptoms of IBS, whatever they will be.Please feel free to comment on my post, whether you think its bullcrap, helped you a little, helped you a lot, or maybe and im very hopeful and confident for those who have or are adopting the above into their lives, have experinced no IBS anymore, or atleast have even got the point by this time of having virtually none! So, i hope this message catches you on a good day, and i hope this helps, dont worry, be happy, and i love you. You like m need many of those, love everyone you can, trust me it helps, it builds the connections lowers the stress, and before i get get on another tangeant, goodbye! :)PS, I just want to add something extra that has just come to my mind, eating and generally doign things fast, rushing, that exacerbates the IBS problems, however, they are a symptom of the stress! When they go, the stress, so does the symptoms of the stress, rushing etc.
And another thing that has just come to my head, this is why in places where people are more relaxed like in southern france and spain, they are a lot less likely to trigger IBS, why? Because of the stress!
Ok done now.
Oh, lastly, before i finish and this begins to look a bit ridiculous, people who have said that after they went to the gym, the IBS went away, this is why, gym destresses, or atleast can do, anything that helps distress, helps relieve the symptoms of it, IBS, you know this!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree. At least this week
Seriously though...your post makes sense, I just hope people take the time to read it. I think you have touched on the root of the problem. When I think about my bowel problems I immediately am taken back to my childhood. I can remember crapping in my pants in elementary school because I was too nervous or embarrassed to ask to go to the bathroom. I suspect that the reason was that I was stressed because of my home life which caused ibs like symptoms. I did it at home too from what I recall. My home life was very stressful to me. I had an older brother that was always getting into trouble which caused many family fights/arguments, almost daily. I can remember sitting in my bedroom crying and thinking that it was not fair for a kid to have to witness fighting and arguing almost every single day. It was horrible. I truly believe that this caused me to start crapping in my pants when I was a kid. I eventually got over that part of it and the stress finally eased after a few years.Flash ahead several years...I start realizing that I smell like food and/or feces quite often. I realized it more when I was driving or sitting in front of the computer for long periods. I also realized that when I tried to create and record music I would come away from it stinking. I was confused as to why though. I thought it had something to do with my diet or drinking alcohol too much. This was also during a time that I had quit my job and my savings were quickly running low. I don't remember smelling myself before this time (at work etc...) other than my bowel problems as a kid. So I went several years in between these times and I honestly think it is because I was not stressed so much during that gap. I then moved back to my home town and started working at a job there. No smell existed at that time that I can remember.Flash ahead several more years...my mom has cancer. She fought it for about a year and there were a couple of times that we thought she had beat it. She got a clean bill of health but that did not last long. Once it was back and had spread to other parts of her body we all knew this was the end. I noticed that I was more stressed at this point and was having another "this is not fair!" episode of my life. Anytime I would be shopping or something and trying to make a decision I would start sweating and get the "fight or flight" feeling. At this time is when my odor kicked in full force. I would go maybe a day or two without stinking but for the most part it was with me all the time now. That was 5-6 years ago. During those years I have tried almost everything and nothing has put a dent in the odor.A couple of things that I want to mention... I do sometimes have strange bowel movements. My ass starts getting wet when I need to go, but sometimes all that comes out is a small piece of feces with what I assume is mucus attached to it. Could be candida too. All that I know is that it seems to help with the odor a little once I get it out. A wet anus to me just cries out stress. Makes sense.Sorry my post is so long but I hope everyone reads it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just want to add that I don't think darryl is trying to say that stress is what is making us smell, just that it disrupts the bowels and creates a bad environment down there which leads to odors.also, my mother and father were both stressed out individuals. I never noticed an odor from my mother but I have noticed some smells from my father which seem very familar to me. I also have an aunt who smells metalic when she gets stressed out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
here is a thread on curezone that is interesting. bacteria....I am almost 100% convinced that this is the culprit and that there are different reasons for it happening, one of which is stress/emotional problems.http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1655689#isome say that eating differently makes their odor go away and I believe it to be true for the most part because most of the food that is out there these days is just terrible and not meant to be our bodies. I think the bad food makes a bad situation in our guts worse. in other words, we have bad bacteria which causes odors. eating bad food makes it even worse. good food may lessen it and help to make ourselves better because the bad food is feeding the bacteria more than the good food is. make sense?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good food definitely helps get rid of the symptoms, but i certainly believe infact im sure stress is the large majority reason if not the entire reason for the smell, and other intestinal problems... This stress is usually long term, and conscious or subconscious in its existence, im certain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are reading this, and have any of the aforementioned problems, you need to get your head around what i posted in the initial post to get rid of this horrible experience, and i would strongly advise changing your outlook on life, to a more positive, less fearful and serving, and more optimistic and focused state of mind, because the reptilian brain or r complex as the scientists call it, controls your intestinal areas emotional connection, and if you are a bit#h, to put it in a rude way, to your reptilian brain, then you will epitomize the server, know your place, nervous person traits that the reptilian brain can give you, and thus lead your mental state to creating the emotions that trigger the IBS symptoms. This might seem a bit too deep for some of you, maybe even a lot of you haha, but if you cant crack the concepts yet, give it time and come back, otherwise you will spend your time searching and testing things that only treat the symptoms and never get to the root cause in the MIND, understand the process of the IBS, and you can begin to conquer it's manifestations and get back to enjoying life more!Feel free to dismiss this message, but remember to come back when you have turned that last corner of testing symptom treaters! :)If i was a moderator, i would make this a sticky, so everyone had the chance to discover the ultimate cause of this IBS nightmare experience, and the entire reason for this websites existence.
But im not so, enjoy it while it is in view, or if you found this thread on google, hello and your welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have posted this information in another thread, but i think it will be useful for people to find it here, this information i present to you are stepping stones, i would advise further research on what i am highlighting here, because the more you know about this topic of research, the easier it will be for you to get rid of the IBS problems you are experiencing. Ok, tthis is what i posted on another thread:...Stress, is a label given to anything that causes general unease in the mind, if your mind is at unease for long periods of time, this is proven without a shadow of doubt to lead to a physical dis-ease, dis-ease includes any health problem that means your body is not at ease, this means SIBO is also one of those problems caused by stress.If you cannot grasp the concepts i am writing to you now, re-read them, or come back when your mind is more open or/and clearer, because aslong as you do not understand that your problem with SIBO originates in your mind and over a long period of time has manifested as a physical symptom, you will continue to experience your unpleasant life situations.Open your mind, i can only communicate this information to you and others, you have to allow your mind to accept the concepts so that you can change your state of mind, and thus over time, your physical experience. I have gone into how mind affects body in more depth in my thread, but i will give a brief overview here. When you think thoughts, you create emotions in your mind, these emotions are stored in your body aswell as the mind, this is why you feel emotions in your belly area, i.e 'the shits', and 'butterflies'. If you are a person with a certain sensitivity, which every person who has an IBS problem as some point in their life is, and these emotions that you keep within your body and mind are negative ones, over time, if these emotions are not released, they create an energetic distortion, that eventually affects the physical body as an IBS problem.I cannot put this information accross any clearer to you, you will only absorb it when you are ready, if you ever will be. This world is not a solid world, everything in it, including your body is made up of atoms, and atoms have no solidity, scientists call this 'the measurement problem', experiments have proved that the mind decodes the atoms as solid, and so your mind experiences them as solid, even though they are not. I am presenting this information to you and others, because if you do not realise that this is a proven by scientists to be a holographic reality made manifest with our minds, then you will not understand how the mind creates your SIBO condition. You have all the information you need in my posts to solve this problem, if you do not stop educating yourself because of a past belief of reality that contradicts the reality i have just presented and what you are experiencing. Good luck and i have more information if you need it.Now i have gone through all the mind information, i would like to add a piece of research that affects the body, which then causes stress in the mind, because stress can be obtained from physical conditions aswell as mental ones. There is a link between diabetes and IBS, so it might be useful if this occurance affects you to lower your stress levels by implementing ways to deal with a diabetes issue, this can be done by diet change and ingesting enzymes. http://www.reversingibs.com/herbal-remedies-for-ibs.html#A

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more thing by the way in regards to the diabetes IBS link, if your sugar levels are low, and you dont consume enough sugar... this can lead to anxiety, which is a form of stress... which in turn leads to IBS symptoms, whether they be extreme or minor.Applying the knowledge about stress causing IBS does work, it has already changed my condition, as far as i can tell, from regular fecal smell, to limited leaky gas... which is a marked improvement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Darryl,Your posts are very interesting, thanks for taking the time to share.I just felt I wanted to add somethingI have been in denial off-and-on about my problems as to weather they exist or not some times. Only because only a few people have been direct in pointing them out to me, and my BO is not something that I am able to detect.However, upon reading all my random symptoms in other peoples posts, it pretty much confirms to me I have a problem.I am a very sensitive person, I was bullied at school as I was pretty soft, and non-confrontational. I tend to worry a lot about lifes problems, I worry about offending people, or cant things people say to me very much to heart. These things combined have lead me to believe a lot of the problem is in the mind.Most of my IBS symptoms appeared after a bout of Salmonella on a trip to india. When I cast my mind back however, I can see there were problems from my early childhood. I believe this was due to emotional stress.My mum is epileptic, and would have seizures when she was out with me from the age of a toddler, People would freak out and it would be really worrying and embarrasing. My friends didnt understand most of the time, I felt like we were looked at as freaks. She was also later Diagnosed as being Bi-polar/Manic Depressive and ended up in a ward for the mentally ill for some time. She is a lot better now with medication. But when she had mental episodes it was terrible, we would have to call the doctor out in the middle of the night, the neighbopurs would wonder what was going on. She would often take overdoses.I would often be at school with a brick in my stomach, almost like a broken heart, and just got used to having to feel that regularly.I found myself having chest pains and panic attacks in my early 20's, especially after a failed relationship that turned nasty, it went into mind games etc.I got into drugs to go partying as that is how I was able to enjoy myself, really have good no stress fun. And of course I drank a lot.I had nother failed relationship more recently, and that began to affect groups of friends and my work.Only at the end of last year did I have to really address my issues after humiliating episodes of symptoms returning. It was such an upsetting & confusing time as I needed answers & didnt know where to start.While on holiday in november 09 I found a book called the monk who sold his ferrari, (or it found me!) and it really let me into a different way of thinking using meditation & NLP techniques.Sure enough, as said in the book, I opened my mind, found I could stop having negative thoughts all day, and I just began to relax more. I then came across this forum with candida references which lead me onto a whole new world of, well, you know what its like - confusion again, but at least some answers and consolation that I was not alone.Just that feeling had started to make me better, and I owe a big debt of grattitude to everybody who comes on here to share their thoughts & experiences.Nourishing the mind and preventing Negative thought makes you want to do good things, and can help to get over food cravings, so you eat better, and become less stressed. Eating badly I found brings back negative thought, but I am able to recognise when this is happening and stop the thoughts. Just the fact that diet can stress you out took me ages to believe because I didnt want to try it. My mind had to be prepared first. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.Learning about bacteria, and how they live, my body and how it works as a system has lead me onto all kinds of great information and thoughts about the world, universe, multiverse, quantum mechanics, karma, buddhism. And all this ties in with something I read in the bookWhen the student is ready, the teacher arrives.Everyday I hear something or meet somebody new. Information that inspires me and makes me happy. I do relapse into unhappiness, but I am better trained now so am more able to cope. I just wish more youger people who are struggling with life could know what I know because having the confidence that everything will be OK in the end is very important to our well-being. And to have un-addressed issues hanging over your head for so long obviously starts to negatively affect the body.I guess thats why I'm here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your theory doesn't make sense at all. No offense but it's retardedhow does stress cause our odor it's deeper than that. At one point in my life before I knew I stank baad I was stress free loving lifenot knowing i smelled like feces. Until I started connecting the dotsand realized I do stink and baad. So stress might make smell worse becauseIt may cause you to sweat and sweating makes it worse but in no way that is why we smell bad. I hope you people really don't believe this.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Your theory doesn't make sense at all. No offense but it's retardedhow does stress cause our odor it's deeper than that. At one point in my life before I knew I stank baad I was stress free loving lifenot knowing i smelled like feces. Until I started connecting the dotsand realized I do stink and baad. So stress might make smell worse becauseIt may cause you to sweat and sweating makes it worse but in no way that is why we smell bad. I hope you people really don't believe this.
Hi SU.We're agreed that stress doesn't directly cause FBO.Having said that stress, anxiety, & fear affect people in different ways.For many it can affect our digestion and make our FBO more severe.WIKI says that stress anxiety & fear trigger the fight flight response which is mankinds mechanism of preparing for fight or flee from impending danger.Unfortunately many of us, due to circumstances in our lives, are locked in a permanent state of anxiety.The negative side to this state is that the stress response halts or slows down various processes such as digestive systems to focus on the stressor situation and typically causes negative effects which include bowel problems.Although your digestive condition is probably due to a genetic disorder, any anxiety you may suffer from can definitely worsen your symptoms.I personally have social anxiety.Humans tend to exclude those amongst us who are different.Rejected or avoided by others due to severe FBO can definitely lead to an underlying anxiety state.Anxiety can be very subtle. Many are not mindful of how anxious or stressed they may be.Chronic stress over time, can lead to disorders of our autonomic nervous system causing headache, irritable bowel syndrome, & high blood pressure and disorders of our hormonal and immune systems.Stress may not be the initial cause of IBS but it can definitely make it worse.I find regular gym work, meditation & exercise help me to manage my condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate that I may seem I have some pretty "crazy" ideas lol! but I wanted to share a posible angle of attack on the symptoms. Perhaps if you hadn't considered your mental state very much, then it may make you think about it. Staynup obviously disagrees, everybody has their own experiences. Of course there is a massive amount of genetic disposition, perhaps we just have to adapt to that. But it really does take a lot of time to establish if events in your life may contibute and if you have emotional issues as a result which you need to overcome too.Healty Body Healthy mind."how does stress cause our odor it's deeper than that"- emotional issues may manifest themselves as stress, stress may manifest itself as an imbalance in the operatin of the bodys systems. This in turn would manifest as a health issue which in turn causes symptoms such as a smell among other things. Cause & effect, thats all I'm getting at, I guess it could be seen as a "Holistic" view.I'm not here to talk nonsense so apologies if I dont explain myself well, and am therefore mis-understood....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.