Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been freaking out over the strings in my poop lately... I had tested negative for any kind of worms, but I still thought that might be what it was.Then I realized what was causing the strings: undigested fiber. I ate a ton of celery yesterday, and broad beans the day before that. Both of those have lots of stringy fiber.Thought I'd share in case anybody else is concerned about the same thing.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There is not a single human being on the plant that digests the indigestible stringy fiber in celery.Some kinds of fiber can be broken down by bacteria in the gut (which makes gas) but there are fibers that are not digested by anything and they help to bulk up the stool and keep things moving. So they really aren't a bad thing.If you don't want to see the hard food parts in your stool, chew it up better, or slice it into small pieces before you eat it.You are not a bird, you do not have a crop filled with pebbles to grind up the things you do not chew well enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.