Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The suggestion of an all meat diet may work for a subset of people but there is overwhelming evidence of a high fiber diet being of benefit to human health and that is also a natural factor in original human diets. Tons of science on the subject. If at all possible ,my point of view, especially in the light of this study, even though it is not a randomized controlled trial , stay away from chronic use of stimulant laxatives and work with diet and magnesium if at all possible. In very stubborn cases a colema board can be very useful. Consider reading my detailed post on The Great List of Remedies. Study Finds Non-Fiber Laxatives Might Influence Colon Cancer Risk

· Registered
71 Posts
I am not surprised by the study. It seems like most people on this forum are unable to use various fibers for relief of constipation, and in fact, fibers seem to make it worse for them or cause pain from bloating, etc. At one point I was able to find quite a bit of relief from constipation using various fibers and probiotics, but over time they stopped working for me. I still take inulin, FOS, GOS, soluble corn fiber, raw potato starch, and various vegetables as fiber to feed my good bacteria because I am convinced that the good bacteria might reduce the chances of colon cancer, even if it does not solve my constipation problem by itself. And certain high fiber foods do help reduce my constipation such as wild rice (the black kind), blueberries, leeks and green onions, parsely (especially when eaten raw).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts