Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys; I'm about one week on this list; have gotten SO much imformation that has been helpful.My IB diagnosis is fairly new. Here are some things I've been doing after reading lots of your messages- in AM at breakfast have been having non fat milk and non fat ricotta instead of cheese and 1% milk. I think this has helped!- have been charting all food and all bm's to see patterns and possible trigger foods- take one scooper of citrucell each AM- using ground up flaxseed in cereal- have eaten some rice with lunch and had a banana this week!Some of these dietary changes are a big deal. I am obese and need to lose 130 pounds : ( I've been playing with parts of three different food plans. there are rules and some forbidden foods on these plans. I'm finding that some of these rules go against some reccomendations for IBS.. so I'm experimenting/ eliminating some things, adding others to try and get things more under control. BTW, I generally have the D form of IBS ( urgent sudden "attacks", horrible gas!)- yesterday I started taking extra strength Gas X right after each meal or major snack, I think it;s helping! Thank God!!! I was gassing up every where I went and it's been downright depressing. This whole IBS thing has had me down : ( But I'm feeling much support and encouragement from this group!I'd really appreciate any feedback about the things I'm trying; have similar things helped or not helped you? Thanks for everything especially thanks to whoever created this group! Faye

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dear Faye,Welcome to the board!
You never said if you were D or C type (or both) but it sounds like you're on a healthy path and really making an effort to change your diet.. good for you!!
Me, I'm D type. I watch what I eat and take LOTS of immodium. I recently started on the Caltrate again and am going to follow through with it this time as my body has really built up a tolerance towards the imodium (and at this rate it's breaking the bank) so I'm hoping that I can take the Caltrate and either reduce my dose of imodium or eliminate it completely.Do you excerise at all? I started exercising awhile ago and have seen a major improvement in my physical AND mental health.Anyways, I hope your new diet works for you. Keep us posted!
------------------"I'm not a failure if I don't make it - I'm a success because I tried"-unknown

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dear Faye,Welcome to the board!
You never said if you were D or C type (or both) but it sounds like you're on a healthy path and really making an effort to change your diet.. good for you!!
Me, I'm D type. I watch what I eat and take LOTS of immodium. I recently started on the Caltrate again and am going to follow through with it this time as my body has really built up a tolerance towards the imodium (and at this rate it's breaking the bank) so I'm hoping that I can take the Caltrate and either reduce my dose of imodium or eliminate it completely.Do you excerise at all? I started exercising awhile ago and have seen a major improvement in my physical AND mental health.Anyways, I hope your new diet works for you. Keep us posted!
------------------"I'm not a failure if I don't make it - I'm a success because I tried"-unknown

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.