Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of research on this...since im 28 had problems since i was born.....they believe now that all this pain. and cramping. and stuff. is all regulated with your brain. makes since cause when your stressed you feel the pain, and the gas gets worse. but that doesn't explain when you eat you feel like you have to go, go, go...so they dove deeper... with time and brave people going into the doctors. as well as autopsies. they figured out. our condition is brain related. but not like you would think...there is a set of nerves that run down your spine from the brain to the Colan. medical term for this is real easy..it's called the brain-gut connection. these connections for some reason or other. causes miss fires to. so your Colan can not be regulated from the brain..which we all know your brain does everything in the body. even lets me type this letter. if not for the brain, we couldn't even regulate our hormones.. that's why they have studies on nerve pills now. instead of pain pills. Pain pills cause constipation. which may seem good for the ones like me with diarrhea..but in time it will make your ibs worse than before. eat right. stay far away from stress. and learn to cope with even good stress. like getting a girlfriend/boyfriend. and exercise helps. also keep going to the doctors. your not just helping yourself your helping everyone in the future with your problems. if the ones before us didn't keep going. we wouldn't know as much as we do today. just think they may find an actual cure one day..instead of methods to cope with the problem.. thanks OH AND TAKE VITAMINS. ALL THOSE CRAMPS AND AND DIARRHEA DOESN'T LET YOU DIGEST FOOD RIGHT. AND YOU GET ALL YOUR VITAMINS FROM THE COLAN/SMALL INTESTINES....VITAMINS ABSORB IN THE LIVER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi!You are absolutely right! Moreover, with regular blood test, your doctor can see if the vitamins and minerals are correctly absorbed, if you have enough in your blood. With a healthy diet, there should be enough vitamins and minerals absorbed so try to eat enough veggies and calcium!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Hi!YWith a healthy diet, there should be enough vitamins and minerals absorbed so try to eat enough veggies and calcium!
It would be best if they are organic if you are expecting to keep your levels up, because the vitamin and mineral levels are squat in big-time agricultural products. The soil is exhausted, during the winter things are shipped in from the Southern Hemisphere, there are chemical fertilizerz and pesticides used everywhere, and much of it is picked green to ripen during transit.Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks for sharing your useful information. For a day to day look at how one person (me
) deals with IBS, I have started blogging about my daily food ingestion and how it affects IBS. you might find it fun to check out and get some good ideas. I am at www.eatandbe.com. Best of luck on continuing the journey of learning/dealing with IBS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.