Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I tried it for a few weeks when the IBS first hit (9 years ago). It had no side effects that I could tell (I was already feeling so sick, I'm not sure if it gave me side effects or not), but it didn't help me either, so I was taken off of it.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Krystyn:I've used it and the only side effect I noticed was dry eyes and a dry mouth. If you wear contact lenses it might be a little uncomfortable. The dryness is a pretty common side effect of the antispasmodics I've taken.JeanG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all, especially Eric for the link. I take Levsinex (long-acting form of Levbid) already, and it works ok, not spectacularly. I just can't take it all the time as it makes me really dopey. Plus I don't want to take it with every meal as the IBS only strikes once or twice per week. I thought the Levbid/SL would be nice to try - hopefully it will work quickly to alleviate the pain. I have IBS-C/D (C with lots of pain, leads to D and feelings of incomplete evacuation) so I am not even sure what meds will help with that. My DR really did not listen to my symptoms and kept telling me stuff to do for the D when it's really NOT the main problem, the pain is!Sorry for the long-winded reply... it feels good to get this out to people who understand
Kristin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.