Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a vit B 12 sublingual tablet without the darn artificial sugars in it!! All of them have sorbitol, mannitol, etc. I get violent diarreha from any of this ####. Why do they put that junk in vitamims? I was just wondering if because you disslove them under your tongue and it is supposed to go into the blood stream, would it go through the digestive track and would a small amount affect me? Also , Iam thinking even with a smalll amount, you are taking it every day, so I still may get the side effect of diarehha from it.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
First, do you know you can't absorb B-12? Because if you can absorb it you may not need to take it sublingually, and a swallowed tablet is less likely to have sweeteners to cover the taste in them.The amount in a drop or two may be OK because it is usually a mass issue. After all a very small number of molecules of the -itols is only going to pull a very small amount of water into the stool or get converted to gas. There cannot be very much in a couple of drops of liquid or small tablet. You can't have 5 or 10 grams of sweetener in something that only has a mass of 1 gram or less.K.

G

·
After my bowel surgeries 4 years ago, with my surgeons approval I started taking sublingual B-12. (He wanted me to have B-12 shots). I use Puritan's Pride brand and the other ingredients are as listed: Dextrates,plant origin Cellulose, Cottonseed Oil, Natural Cherry flavor, Veg Magnesium Stearate. None of these ingredients have caused me any problems and I have reduced my daily dose to weekly. My blood work was back to normal within one year. Maybe this one will work for you.Char

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.