Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - especially Kath. I took the advice about Levsin and went on my first trip since IBS has become my life. I drove from MA to ME ( two hours ) with my new prescription bottle in my lap just in case! I think just knowing that it was there in an emergency helped a lot. In fact I parked in Portland< ME and just walked around for an hour without knowing where there were bathrooms and I actually had FUN!!! Fun was something I thought was only a thing of the past - but I went to the beach, went on a couple of amusement park rides and enjoyed myself for a change!! I did however need to use the Levsin once I got home. I was home for about an hour when the pain struck ( and I hadn't had any pain for about 5 or 6 days ). Has this happenend to anyone - seems totally psychosomatic to me!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't have leaky gas at home ot at my medical appointments, very little with friends, none with family. As soon as I go to public places, it's there. It's at its worse when I am at work. When you are on vacation, you don't focus on your leaky gas. You are distracted that helps to decrease the anxiety that I have of smelling bad to others. My point is you are more relaxed. Best wishes!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know exactly what you mean achtungbaby!! I feel fine around friends & family, but the minute I step out of my realm of comfort...BAM the leaky gas rears its ugly head! Anxiety/Stress definately has a big part in the leaky gas syndrome. So try not to worry too much!
This is what I want to do to leaky gas

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good to hear that you had fun again.
I am waiting for the day when I can go out among people without worrying about offending them. Mean time taking care of grand babies is where my fun is found. The older they get the more they realize it ain't them, it's me that stinks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts