Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Lotornox for about a month and half. I am not completly happy with it. So I was just wondering if anyone has had alot of success with Questran. I was thinking about seeing if I could switch over to it. Any suggestions???[This message has been edited by Dakota (edited 05-10-2000).]

G

·
I've used Colestid, a tablet form of the same kind of stuff as Questran.I took this for my cholesterol, successfully for more than 6 months, with a side effect of C as well as indigestion (heartburn). It worked fairly well on my IBS, but I found that I still got D attacks in stress situations, so still needed Lomotil (my safety net), but not as often.I stopped the Colestid to take a break from the indigestion (I was on about 10 grams a day) and started Lotronex a few weeks later when it came out. The Lotronex gave me C, and seemed to quiet my gut down in general. I had a bad belly pain episode on Lotronex which scared me enough to make me stop it temporarily. I have gone back on 8 grams of Colestid a day and will restart Lotronex tonite. (I may be headed for the biggest case of C in history.)This is a long answer to your question. If you want to know more about it, let me know.My opinion is that you should try it. It definitely gives C, and has no bad side-effcts, as virtually none is absorbed into your system. Incidentally, I got no help from calcium and always relied on either Imodium or Lomotil.

G

·
Hello!I�m D-type and have been taking Colestid since end of February and I must say it have helped me a BIG deal. Only had 4 D attacks since I started it. My problem now is the pain everytime I eat something, I get cramps and pain on the left side under the ribs. Have to talk to my GI-spec. about that.I really think you should try it!Take care and good luck!/Magdalena

G

·
YES YES YES it has helped me so much. I didn't really think that it did, but when I stopped taking it (bad idea) I got cramping and D so severe you wouldn't believe. I still get D and cramping when I'm on it, but not as severe at all. Everyone is different though, so your best bet is to try it.Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.