Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to sue their doctor? I'm thinking very seriously of giving it a try, but oh boy it will be so embarrassing if I do. I don't know how badly I want to get up in front of the world and tell all that I poop my pants. But, someone has to do something to stop them from feeding us antibiotics and ignoring our pleas for help. I don't want to be the first but maybe if I do some of you will give me some encouragement?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I don't think suing the doctor is going to help, although it would be nice to know he-why do I suspect it is a he?--would credit you with being right about things. They would just circle the wagons and start the usual diatribes about the dangers of treating yourself with supplements. Since you have discovered this path as a solution to your medical problems, I would think it best to just keep telling your story in the hopes that others would try the same approach.I see mine a couple of times a year for blood tests and tune-ups, saving her for others who haven't been able to make the break. That seems to work for both of us.You might try adding some flavonoid supplements to the probiotics. According to Ian Ramsay, they may enhance the implanting of the good bacteria.Happy 2010.Mark

·
Registered
224 Posts
Its one thing if your GI told you that you had to have your gallbladder removed (like some have) to cure your symptoms and it didn't cure you because it was IBS and not your gallbladder but to just sue over them not knowing anything about IBS..... I mean im sure it would bring to light the struggles of IBS sufferors but unless your crazy rich i wouldn't bother, you would most likely lose if no malpractice occured.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long story but to make it short he caused my problem by treating fungal disease with antibiotics and steroids. He almost killed me and left me with this curse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That sounds awful... If he really treated you incorrectly, shouldn't you be able to sue him? I mean, I don't know if you'd want to go through all that. But someone has to show how ignorant people are about this disease! And if he really messed up that badly, how could that not be malpractice? Not that I know anything about the law...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh yes! yesssssssss! yessssssssss! DO IT!I would love to take my first GI consultant to court......can't afford it though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would forget it-don't think you will get anywhere at all. Think of all the drugs we try and don't get anywhere. Often we just have to try something and see if it works or not and sometimes these drugs give us side effects but these are usually temporary. Hope you move on quickly and find something that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts