Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,Just got back from a four day grad week at the United States Military Academy. Our youngest graduated yesterday. Last year I would not have been able to have participated in anything. Since starting the Colestid and Caltrate, I was able to attend every event with confidence and feeling good until..... The actual graduation. I made the huge mistake of eating onion rings (definitely a no no for me but they're so good!) on Friday afternoon and then forgot to take my noontime Caltrate and Colestid. By the time I remembered it was 11:00 P.M.! Needless to say, I paid the piper. I awoke at 5:00 A.M. with the old panicky feeling, heart racing and I knew it was coming. Sure enough, by 6:00 I had been in the BR three times with the last being the big D. I took Donnatal, Immodium and more Colestid. I may never go again! I had to be at the stadium by 7:00 so my husband could get a parking place. I donned my backup Depends, carried my underwear in my backpack and we proceeded to the stadium. The MP says" Sorry, but you'll have to park here and take the shuttle" I wasn't about to get trapped on a shuttle!! Yikes!! So I got out and walked the rest of the way, praying for mercy. I got to the stadium and I had to go through a checkpoint and bag inspection! Oh No!!! I was so embarrased because this young soldier was looking in my bag at my underwear! All's well that ends well, however. Our cadet graduated and I didn't have any further problems. I have learned a valuable lesson. I will not get complacent about taking my meds. I don't know if it was the onion rings, lateness with the meds, the emotional stress of graduation or a combination of all three. I am thankful to be home and not on the turnpike. I have so many BB postings to read as we have been gone so long. It's good to be back. Thanks for being here everyone.wpmom

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congratulations on your youngest's graduation. It sounds like you handled the stress very well. I see that you are taking both Caltrate and colestid. Can you please tell me how you take them, when, how often, ? How long have you been on these? Why don't you just e-mail me at mariannesd###yahoo.com I don't want to distract from your experience.[This message has been edited by marianne (edited 05-30-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.