Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good suggestions out there for a protein source besides chicken and lactose free? I am pregnant and get the early morning hypolycemic sshakes and late day ones too. I really don't feel like chicken at 9am and sometimes I am just tired of eating and tired of drinking only water. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
My daughter has in intollerance to dairy but when she was pregnant she could eat anything without problems.Nuts and beans are a good supply of protien.As for drink, have you tried rice milk, they alsoo have soy and almond milks. I use rice milk on puffed rice cereal.Hope that helpsbest wishes for you and the baby.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
My daughter has in intollerance to dairy but when she was pregnant she could eat anything without problems.Nuts and beans are a good supply of protien.As for drink, have you tried rice milk, they alsoo have soy and almond milks. I use rice milk on puffed rice cereal.Hope that helpsbest wishes for you and the baby.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes ususally my belly does fine with milk when I am pregnant - jsut that it still makes me sleepy. I do have an almond milk I use on cereals _ guess I can try rice milk too!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes ususally my belly does fine with milk when I am pregnant - jsut that it still makes me sleepy. I do have an almond milk I use on cereals _ guess I can try rice milk too!

G

·
I can't tolerate 99% of food but lentil soup is quite tolerable and yogurt (many people including myself seem to tolerate yougurt although milk seems bad). lentil soup has 9 grams of protien per serving. I typically take 2 servings in 1 meal when I eat that. I can make a dish with lentils and rice which is quite easy to digest. When I am feeling relatively better, I can tolerate 'overcooked' beans. I can make some dishes with garbanzo beans and kidney beans which are relatively tasty (my diet is sooo limited these days!). In general, my body tolerates almost nothing, but I still am able to get 50-60 grams of protien for a less than 2000 calorie diet. I still haven't gained any of the 30 pounds I lost in the last year and a half, but that's a different story. At least my weight is steady after I increased the number of meals and decreased the size per meal. The overall health still sucks but it's slightly better with this new strategy. hope this helps.

G

·
I can't tolerate 99% of food but lentil soup is quite tolerable and yogurt (many people including myself seem to tolerate yougurt although milk seems bad). lentil soup has 9 grams of protien per serving. I typically take 2 servings in 1 meal when I eat that. I can make a dish with lentils and rice which is quite easy to digest. When I am feeling relatively better, I can tolerate 'overcooked' beans. I can make some dishes with garbanzo beans and kidney beans which are relatively tasty (my diet is sooo limited these days!). In general, my body tolerates almost nothing, but I still am able to get 50-60 grams of protien for a less than 2000 calorie diet. I still haven't gained any of the 30 pounds I lost in the last year and a half, but that's a different story. At least my weight is steady after I increased the number of meals and decreased the size per meal. The overall health still sucks but it's slightly better with this new strategy. hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts