Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS-D for many years and have tried a lot of probiotics and potential treatments. I recently decided to try one of these custom probiotic companies. You send in a stool sample and they create a custom probiotic based on your particular microbiome analysis.

I haven't received my custom probiotics yet, and it is very expensive, but I am at the end of my tether, so I'm willing to do just about anything. They can have ALL my money if they can fix my gut. :)

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has tried this? It seems like such a new company/service that there aren't any reviews online. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this may have worked for them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update, in case anyone out there is interested. This, so far, unfortunately, has not improved my condition. The science was really interesting. I liked reading my Microbiome report - having my stool analyzed and seeing what bugs are in my gut was pretty cool. But, so far, the custom probiotic formulated for me based on my sample has only worsened my D. This may be a great option for others. Maybe it’s just not working for me. I’m going to try a lower dose and see if that maybe helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts