Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Depends. Now this is going to be graphic, so skip over it if you want.Sometimes a normal (for most other people) and good day could be anywhere between 1-3. I've found that even on a good day, I will still evacuate after each meal. As long as they're firm, not D, and I'm not cramping and in pain, I'm not complaining! I should also add if it's once per day, it's usually after large doses of medication to stop the diarrhea from the day before
Sometimes it's more frequent than 3 times. Usually this correlates to what I've been eating. More fruits, vegetables, or stuff I know I should not be eating, more loose stools. As I said before, if it's not painful, I don't complain; just make sure I'm near a bathroom all day.Six to 8 times, yeah, it's happened. You're not the only one. Today was a bad day.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Last 3 days? Nothing. Today? 4 times. Tomorrow? Who knows? It depends.....I have been as many as 12 in one afternoon. I probably should have just stayed on the throne but my butt hurt.Too much information, probably.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Good days(what are they?)-- 2-4 times Bad days- 6-15timesInthe last two months Ihave been worse than ever also.The fact of going 15 in one day leads me to believe the diag, of IBS is Its Bull S---. Ithink when drs. cannot find out what you have , they label it IBS to get you out of their hair. 15 times a lot onthe pot points to IBD or colitus or even chrons. I doubt IBS is that bad.

G

·
Interesting question and for me 3 times is a good day and 4 to 8 times is awful. Hate having to run to the pot after meals or even during a meal. Actually that is not occurring lately. I hardly eat any fresh fruit or veggies. Sad to say I have a garden full of cukes and tomatoes. Taking a lot of vitamins and of course Metamucil.Char

·
Registered
15 Posts
Usually it's 0 times a day.Every once in awhile it's normal bowel movements, occurring once or twice a day, even though I still have bloating, gas and pain.About once a week it is about 10 times a day, if I don't take anything to bring it on. If I do take something it's more like one every 20-30 minutes. I hate it when I have to take something!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well let's see...This morning I have gone probably 8 times already in the 2 hours that I have been up. This is not D, just small amounts but it probably won't let up for about an hour. It may turn into D. Who knows. Some days I don't go at all. Some days I can go between 3 times and 15 times. I've tried all kinds of things to 'get regular' but so far nothing has changed this pattern.Makes for great fun when traveling or trying to make an early appt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Every day is different. Some mornings I go up to 3 times maybe even 6 on a bad day, maybe 1-2 times during the work day, and maybe once after supper. A couple times last week I didn't go at all which is not normal for me. I need a padded toilet seat!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:The fact of going 15 in one day leads me to believe the diag, of IBS is Its Bull S
I agree.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been going through an aweful time with my IBS in the past 6 weeks. I tend to go 3-4 times a day, but only in the morning. I can't figure that out, even if I feel like I have to go in the afternoon or evening, I can't go no matter how hard I try. Any suggestions on that? It certaintly has made for very miserable evenings feeling crampy and constipated and has affected being intimate with my husband, and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
During good spells (of which I have had a lot of this past 10 months) twice a day, morning and evening.When things are bad, from 3-4 times, just doing bits and pieces, as I call it, or just farting around - literally!When things is good - hey, man - it's just like havin' a baby! Sometimes I is so proud of what I just dropped I feels like planting a flag in it and callin' in the neighbours to have a look! LOL ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
on a good day, one a day. In the morning, after breakfast before I go to work. Sorted for the dayIf I dont go that day, everything starts to slow down, clog up and I wont go the next day or the next and it just gets worse. Then it gets dried and hard and it takes a laxative to move it - usually after 7 days. Although I do try to avoid that if I possibly canSome months I went daily for the whole month, another month I went for a couple of weeks and then not without an aid... Magnesium might possibly be helping to stop it backing up if I miss a day.Sometimes, if things are working well and Ive eaten all the right stuff, slept right and go the voodoo on my side, Ill go after lunch too. But thats not often.Sue

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.