Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using librax for almost 3 years now on daily basis ( 1-2 per day) and works wonderful especially for gas and bloating which trigger colon spasm. My MD told me I can use as long as I need it (long term) without major side effect. Having been surfing this board for almost 4 years and notice many of us are using Librax with good result. Care to share experience on Librax i.e 1) How long have you been taking 2) what dosage 3) result4) side effect 5) doctor's advice on long term use of librax

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have been taking Librax for several years too. I also take 1-2 a day although on occasion I have taken 3. I find it to be the best of all the different things I have tried. The only side effect I had was at first it made me drowsy but after time that fades. My doctor said it is safe to take it as long as I need it, some people are on it for life. I have stopped taking it for long periods of time in between and had no difficulty doing so, withdrawal ect.sickofsick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been taking Librax 3-4 times daily for almost a year. Tried all the others, this one works best for me. If I don't take it, I sure can tell a major difference and the librax is what has allowed me to greatly reduce the pain meds. (I have crohns as well). Works for the IBS and IBD for me.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have been taking Librax on and off for a few months. It is wonderful. It is a green capsule. I take it 2 or 3 times a day. My problem was upper pain. I'm not sure I have IBS because I have no C or D, just upper central pain between my ribs. When the pain gets really, I can't pass gas. Anyway, Librax relaxes the muscles and then I can pass the gass and I'm ok. I have experienced no side effects. Has anyone taken it w/pregnancy? Since I'd like to try to get pregnant, my GI first tried Bentyl. It worked on the pain, but caused horrible dry mouth and blurred vision. Librax gives me NO adverse side affects. Too bad it's a class "D" drug, because that's not recommended for pregnancy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.