Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i've decided enough is enough and I need to sort out what I think is my IBS condition.I have been looking through all the information on the site and am swamped as to what to do or try. I haven't yet been to a doctor for a diagnosis, I will be shortly though. I've heard that some doctors can be short sighted when I come to IBS and have the "just deal with it" attitude which makes me reluctant to seek medical advice.I was hoping to be able to provide you with an insight to what I go through on a daily basis and maybe get some feedback as to what it might be. I have been suffering for about 4 years now.When i wake up I feel as if I have a balloon in my stomach, this gives me alot of pain and cramping. I arrive at work and immediatly it becomes an incovenience as my job is customer facing and I have to keep visiting the bathroom with urgency problems, all in all I make 5+ visits a day. If I eat anything remotely spicy it comes out alot hotter than it goes in, I call it the wet tissue moment. I never feel that I'm completly evacuated, as soon as eating something new I feel like I need to go again. I get some brief release with flatulence but it is very brief. I have tried all sorts to prevent this, eating healthy and unhealthy, removing diary, bread. I don't eat late as rule to give my food time to digest overnight to no avail as the following morning it all starts over again, morning to lunch time are invairably the worst times for me I can't go to far from a toilet.Please let me know what you all think, and where I should start and what I should do.Many thanksAdam.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Regardless of what time of day you stop eating your colon will "wake up" when you do and be most active in the morning for a few hours. It may help to get up (not fun to do but may be worth trying for a week or two) an hour to two hours earlier than usual to see if you can get the problem time to end while you are at home rather than deal with all that at work.I would see the doctor and at least get routine blood work, a stool sample tested and get blood tested for celiac. Cutting out bread usually doesn't get rid of all the gluten from your diet and I'm guessing that wasn't a 6 week to 6 month trial that it can take for celiac disease to go fully into remission (some people will do a restricted diet that long with zero results but most won't, and you may need to cut out a lot of other foods besides bread as a lot of foods have wheat added that you wouldn't expect).If you don't have celiac or other issues you need to deal with then I might try the Calcium Carbonate or probiotics. If you have gas issues you may do better on a low carb low starch diet even if you don't have to cut gluten out completely. At least that is a place to start. If the diarrhea is bad you might also try regular use of Imodium if the Calcium doesn't stop you up enough. You may need both, some people do. If the over the counter stuff doesn't help then you can talk to the doctor although from the discomfort levels you have you might want to get a prescription for an antispasmodic to see if that helps even before giving the over the counter stuff a few weeks to see how they work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.