Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often when I am dealing with a rumbling in my stomach and colon, and have gas and bloating, I'll start to feel very warm and break into a sweat. Later, when I've passed the gas or had a movement, I feel better. Does anyone know what this "overheated" feeling is? I just had a colonoscopy a year ago, so I think I'm fine...but I hate the sweaty, weak feeling I so often have.

· Registered
26 Posts
xoxox,I totally understand. Often my first clue that an attack is coming is I start to feel lightheaded, dizzy and then hot and cold and clammy at the same time. It's horrible to feel like that and afterwards I feel wiped out
I think it goes with the "IBS" territory [SIGH]Take care...Deborah

· Registered
23,788 Posts
A possiblity maybe skin conductance responce to stress and autonomic nervous system arousal.

· Registered
225 Posts
I don't know what the overheated feeling is caused by, but I get it, too. Sometimes. Not every time.It starts in my hands. Then my face and ears get hot. I start sweating and sometimes I get clammy after the heat passes. It's so weird. I have thought it's anxiety, but then again, I'm not anxious feeling until I have that feeling. Maybe my body knows it's going to have a "severe attack" and is warning me?I go a step farther, though. Instead of the sweating going away I begin to itch all over. I break out in hives. My doctor says this is histamine releasing in my body. Now I take a daily antihistamine (zyrtec, 10 mg) and when this does happen (less frequently since I started the Z) I must take 2 benadrylls or else my eyes will swell shut and my throat will constrict. If my eyes swell shut even after the benadryll you should see me rooting around in my purse for my Epi-Pen. We don't know what causes it. I think it is anxiety related, as I know how awful and how long the pain will last. It wipes me out.

· Registered
5 Posts
Ilove this board I have had that same exact symptons. The stomach pain, weakness, sweats and then diaherra. I've been having this problem for years off and on. I almost feel like I am about to pass out. Does anyone have that feeling also?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.