Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my IBS is triggered, and I am fluctuating btwn D and C, my head and neck often sweat and get cold. Does this happen to you? and can you explain why?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Same here.... ANXIETY,,, Adrenal glands kicking in full blast........... I was so bad at one time I awoke with every muscle in my body twitching, I looked like I was in convulsions..........

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The first night I ever got this condition I woke up in a cold sweat and went ice cold and then broke out in a sweat. Sometime's I'd just sweat. I was terrified. In a book I just got (fairly helpful) called "I.B.S. Relief, A Doctor, a Dietician and a Psychologist Provide a Team Management Approach to IBS", I just read that it's your body reacting to the diarrea by activating the sympathetic nervous system. It says, "These are the nerves to prime the heart to pump the blood to the body faster, which often causes a flushing sensation called the flight-or-fight response..." Hearing that would have made me feel better at the time. I really was afraid I was going to die.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.