Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello friends. i am delighted to be a new member here and read everyones stories that are calmingly and unfortunately similar. i am 24 and have had ibs since the age of 11. in the past years it has gotten worse, and although the C stays pretty consistant, when i have a really bad bought i get swollen..everywhere. my thyroid glands, my fingers, ankles, the glands in my inner thighs, my face even swells sometimes. does anyone else experience this or have any of you even heard of something like this? confused and thankful for help.

· Registered
103 Posts
Hi Devynn,Before I got my IBS under control with medication and diet, I would swell up too, except mine was mostly below the waistline. A couple of times my belly, hips, thighs, etc swelled up and I gained 15 pounds of fluid rapidly. I still to this day have no idea why this happened and neither do my doctors. I found that Zelnorm helps to control this fluid retention...no idea how it does it, but it's worth a shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.