Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow it is not enough that I have to get dentures and have a knee that needs surgery and is killing me..after i hobbled to the store and came home I got terrible cramps and violent diarreha..starteed feeling really sick to my stomach,,did not vomit but am so nauseated it is awful>>.about 3 hrs later I am chilled to bone and very achy>>>sometime after a bad bout of ibs i feel somewhat like this but not this bad i live in ohio and thought this flu was dying down here.any ideas what is going on? imodium did not even touch the D

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do you have a cough, sore throat or other upper respiratory symptoms?Because some of the "stomach flu" viruses or food poisoning bacteria can make you feel pretty achy and give you a fever but just cause diarrhea, often really severe diarrhea and don't cause any respiratory symptoms.On the other hand, doesn't matter if the # of people getting it per week is lower if you are one of the few.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ok, i don't know if u've read any of my other posts??..........but, it's possible that the tooth issue is from not having enough minerals in solution for ur body to b able to utilize them............what exactly is wrong with ur knee??............i had knee problems & they were really painful........i hobbled alot..........gout can cause joint issues in any part of the body............it's waste acids being stored in the joints by the body trying to get them out of the blood...........if the kidneys don't work well, this can happen.........it can b so painful........i had ankle, knee & wrist joints that killed me.............the D can cause a depletion of potassium, which will make u feel really cold...........try that, it might help.........one of the signs i need potassium, is being cold, that feels like it's to my bones.........it helps allergy issues, also............iron helped with the cold & D, also..........the D attack was probably from depleted adrenals.........the stress of going out & all ur pain was just too much..........that's when u need adrenal production to step up & when they r tired or exhausted, there just isn't enough adrenal hormones to go around........it causes a domino effect, that effects so many things.........when there isn't enough cortisol production, pain ensues............sometimes it's enough to stop u in ur tracks, so u just cannot do any more & the more u push, the worse the problems become.........the stomach nausea & feeling like u r going to throw up, even if it doesn't quite get that far, is not enough hydrochloric acid (HCl) production in the stomach.........when any stress comes at u, not only r the adrenals exhorted to step up, ur stomach needs more HCl to b produced.........when the stress comes on, there is also more toxins produced & they can get dumped into the stomach........gastrin can b over produced, trying to get more HCl produced..........it's kind of a vicious circle.........gastrin will make u feel so ill........mine use to get so bad, i'd throw up, to dry heaves & not b able to put anything more in my stomach for 24hrs.........i ended up wasting my lean muscle.........HCl also get ur minerals into solution, so ur body can use them............this has alot to do with the repair & maintenance of tendons & muscles............for ur knee & other parts of ur body, do u take silica??.........it's part of the matrix that works with minerals..........it's especially good for muscle, joint & bone health & repair.......i've taken it for yrs, but a few yrs ago, i was in a motor cycle accident..........broke my collar bone in 2 places, ripped up my shoulder muscles & tendons & damaged my neck vertebrae..........i had the type of silica that is a liquid & it was best kept in the fridg.........well, i had forgotten to take it for a while.........well, there i am suffering with my injuries at about the 1wk mark.........i go in the fridg for something & c it in the door.........i realize i hadn't taken it for a month or more, just plain forgot..........i know this is so good for what i am dealing with & i immediately started taking it with my minerals.........well, at the time, the pain was pretty bad, well when i started taking the silica again, everything hurt more.........but i've been thru this b 4........when u get something u need alot, u can get a large reaction from it........if it's damaged ligaments, bone or joints, it can b painful for a day or 3.........but after it stopped hurting, that's when i started on the mend.........the dr was amazed how fast my bones healed.........at the 2 week mark, i started taking the brace off for periods of time thru the day, at 2-1/2wks, i was able to sleep with out it, at 3wks, no more brace & they took an x-ray & pronounced my bones completely healed.........i have since crushed the bones in my wrist, i needed pins & a retaining bar between them, no cast.....it was a horrible break........that was healed in 2-1/2wks........they had to take the pins out at that point........i swear it's from the silica.........i've had torn muscles & even stuff that felt like arthritis, that the silica helped..........the thing is, we get very little of it in our foods.........the only place where it might b plentiful, is in our drinking water..........alot of people drink bottled water.......the process gets rid of it.........i do know that it's helped me alot..........i am 57 & we don't heal bones that well, the older we get...........especially since the ibs & adrenal issue has caused my to not work out in 8-11/2yrs.........i worried about my bones ever since........so u might like to try it..........oh, one thing u might like to know, is HCl kills germs, in our stomach & blood.........it wakes up & marshals our white blood cells to fight infection...........we can have a good WBC, but if the r not active or sluggish, they don't help alot..........we can still get sick...........HCl keeps those bacteria & germs we swallow, from getting into our bodies..........it also increases the amount of oxygen in our blood..........it's kind of amazing stuff..........hope u feel better...........

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
OR.. Knot.. you could just have the flu....I hope you don't.. but if you do.... I am so very sorry and hope you get through it swiftly. Feel better real soon!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...oK here goes>>>today i have a runny nose and very tired and achy, still have D but slowed down a little...call the dr??? the office told me if I do not have a fever..itis prob the flu..stay home , rest, fluids, tylonel..they donot want flu people in the office to spread it more!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you cannot see the dr when you are sick this is bad..although i cannot get out of the house with my diarreha acting up..plus knee is so bad I am afraid I will fall on the ice..ohio is getting bad weather>>>>as for the knee i have a torn meniscus and arthritis underneath the knee cap>>>i deathly fear any sort of surgery...this ought to really kick my D into high gear...the teeth have to get done first because of all the infection below the gums...my teeth are getting loose, yet the area above the gum looks fine!! i do not surgery with an infection in my body......how Iam going to grt through all of this..i do notknow!!!!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
The Dr's office told you...If you DON'T have a fever it is the flu??? I would think just the opposite! Usually.. well with the swine flu and any other flu I have ever had experience with.. one HAS a fever.If they think you DO have the flu then they ARE following what most Doc's offices here are doing as well.... they do NOT want people with flu in their offices so they don't spread it. ANd with the flu there is really very little a Dr can do for you once you have it anyway. Now if you begin having complications from it.... for example.. if you begin getting dehydrated or have ANY trouble breathing etc... go right to an Emergency Room post haste! And if you can't get there yourself because of the ice etc.. call an ambulance!In the meantime for the flu without complications..Take something for the pain.. like they said.. tylenol etc.. Get some comfort broths in when ya can. Up your fluids.... Slow build your diet back up.. Stick with clear fluids first maybe then work up to non clear fuids (like soups etc) and then a bland diet and finally a reg diet for you. Just go with how you are feeling.And I would schedule that dental surgery asap and then get that knee taken care of! Oh Knot.. PELASE..Do not panic about these surgeries.... Let the dentists or oral surgeon know about your gut problems and that you may need to take frequent bathroom breaks. As for surgeries themselves I have always found my gut calms a bit right after them and the D either slows waaaay down or goes away because of the post operative pain meds that are given..... as most have constipation as a side effect. So PLEASE Knot.. don't panic about the surgeries... Just get them done so you can feel so much better!And go easy for a few with this flu/virus you are having... pamper you a bit but promise that first sign of ANY complications... get yourself in to an ER.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.