Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...this is my second post. I'll be having a sigmoidoscopy on Monday and hopefully get a diagnosis. I'm just praying that it's not some kind of colon cancer. I've noticed that my symptoms of being very gassy, lower left sided abdominal stabbing pain, some dizzines (today I'm feeling less dizziness) is worse in the AM and around the time I go to bed.I've also noticed that I have what feels like a swollen lymph node near my armpit... Not too painful, bit tender if I push on it. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?I'm a 30 year old guy and freaking about all this :(Thanks for listening....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Swollen lymph nodes usually indicate that your body is fighting of an infection especially if the nodes are tender when touched. Swollen lymph nodes can indicate more serious things such as Hodgkin's disease, but it really isn't anything to be really concerned about. If they are still inflamed after a few weeks, I would go to a doctor and see if they could biopsy one for you to make sure it isn't anything serious. I've had plenty of swollen lymph nodes and some of the just never went back down to their normal size.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have one under my right armpit. It is a pretty solid lump, and only hurts if you squeeze it. I've noticed it since last year. People say it's either a lymph node or an ingrown hair. I don't think it is related to my IBS though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, you had a CT Scan which was negative. If you had a tumor that had grown big enough to spread to your lymph nodes or cause enough problems in your lymph nodes, it wouldve been viewable in your CT scan. Considering the CT Scan was negative, I assume they'll be looking for inflammation in your colon and get a biopsy to see what is causing the inflammation,etc.Dont stress yourself out until Monday. Try and enjoy the rest of the week and weekend. The swollen lymph node(If it is even that) could be the result of an infection that has absolutely nothing to do with your colon. Relax and enjoy life!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.