Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the second awful infection i went through in late summer this year, i developed serious swelling of the small intestine at the point it joins the large. I cannot understand this, i know it was because of an enterovirus but i dont understand why this happens and nothing can be done about it. Not only did i have to battle bloating and constipation before hand, now it is so severe that if i dont have a spasmolytic agent to treat it every day i can suffocate at night because the bloating is so extreme it wakes me up and i cannot breath.It is just horrendous.I am ready to switch from Mebeverine to Dicetel (pinaverium) because of severe sides after using 3 months mebeverine i have headache dizziness and other symptoms. I hope pinaverium is lighter on me.Yet there is no cure for this??Cant i take some antiviral agent or some immune modulator to treat it?? I cant stand this type of life any more, every day that goes by there are thoughts of suicide and they become stronger when i see side effects.i also tried pepermint oil with no help.Now i am thinking of going for homeopathy and/or trying something like Nux Vomica or Activated Charcoal to treat this bloating. I dont have any spasms actually so today i started wondering why those docs prescribed me spasmolytic agents. I only have the bloating and terrible knotting.Anyone tried activated charcoal/eucarbon or nux vomica??Any experiences on dicetel??Anyone suffering from postviral ibs tried anyantivirals or immune modulators like Oxymatrine?? (it is used for viral hepatitis and lately for enteritis too as an immune modulator increasing chances of immune system fighting bacteria and helping cellular immunity improve its response)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts