Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a 29-year old with a lifelong history of digestive issues. I have Celiac disease, IBS, GERD, and recently was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. I am on a low-FODMAP diet in addition to being totally gluten-free for my celiac disease.

Over the last six months, my symptoms have increased in severity overall. However, they seem to really escalate at night time (around 8pm) - EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Just as I am getting ready for bed, I experience a huge increase in chest pain, abdominal pain, and feel light-headed. I've also recently had pretty intense shoulder and neck pain. Together, these issues keep me up at night and have made it difficult to function during the day due to lack of sleep. Needless to say, it's getting pretty old.

I have started to wait about 2 - 2.5 hours between eating dinner and going to sleep, but this does not seem to be helping.

Does anyone else notice a change in symptoms specifically related to time of day? I have a theory that perhaps the symptoms seem more severe at night because I am less distracted, but I can't be sure.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.