Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Same with me, no improvement with probiotics, and usually some worsening. However that is probably the best thing to take if it helps you!! Especially if it means you can eat a variety of foods. Do you restrict your diet at all Kenny?
Hello , no i do not restrict my diet at all....

Hope yo'll persisted with probiotics for a couple of weeks before concluding that it didn't help ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What brand of probiotics are you taking?
I live in India and I am not sure yo'll will be familiar with the brands we get here. I'm putting up a link of what I am taking at the moment so you can get an idea of the composition(names of the good bacteria) and maybe try to match that with the brands you may get in the US .

I'm taking the following probiotics:

Yogut

link :https://www.docsapp.in/health/medicines/Yogut-Tablet

Darolac-IBS

link: https://www.practo.com/medicine-info/darolac-ibs-capsule-47263

Do have a look ! If anybody has any luck , please let me know !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kenny,

I have tried Garden of Life 50 billion with no luck on getting relief in flatulence and the urge to visit the toilet.

I also experience excessive flatulence. Trapped gas that bothers me a lot.

Currently I am having Mesacol (Asacol 3x800mg) and one imosec (imodium) daily which is getting me free from the urge to visit the toilet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Kenny,

I have tried Garden of Life 50 billion with no luck on getting relief in flatulence and the urge to visit the toilet.

I also experience excessive flatulence. Trapped gas that bothers me a lot.

Currently I am having Mesacol (Asacol 3x800mg) and one imosec (imodium) daily which is getting me free from the urge to visit the toilet.
Hello CountoMontecristo,

I have linked the the probiotics in the message preceding yours ,please have a look.

I would also recommend VSL3 Probiotic....

Did you notice any worsening in your symptoms after starting probiotics ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
With this problem, the most effective method will be to switch to a permanent diet. It will help to find out which foods cause gas formation and flatulence to exclude them from the diet. For example, in my case, these are sweets and fried meat. As soon as I stopped eating them, it became much easier for me. The pills didn't help at all. You can also undergo a complete bowel examination. Perhaps you are missing some trace elements. I advise you to look at Medicare supplement Plan G on one site. These are the most profitable insurance plans. This way you will be able to cover your expenses. But in my experience, I will say that the diet will help the most.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts