Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I've posted because the last year I have basically been IBS free since going on the caltrate. Anyways last two weeks or so I've been having more bloating and bowel movements than usual. They have not been full fledge D because Im on the caltrate and stool is still semi hard but its gradually been getting looser. Anyways something I've noticed in my stool is some white specks look like a sesemi seed. I have not ate anything with a seed in or or hamburger bun lately. But ever since I've notice these my bowels have been acting up. In the past when I had flare ups i've noticed seed like things in it.Do I have a parasite maybe in my stomach? I take the Align still.Im so frustrated because ive been living a great life the last year but I feel it coming back on. Is it possible all these years I've just had a simple parasite that needs the right meds?Im going to call my Gasterologist in the morning and see what he can do and maybe get a test done on the stool. My mom also has been feeling kinda sick a couple days ago with loose bowel as well.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well One you could always call your Dr and let them know your concerns. They can sometimes rule out parasites with a simple stool culture like you said.Also... it could very well be a slight stomach thing going around or .. even if you have been out in the heat more than usual etc...Whatever it is, I hope it passes for you soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the doc ordered a stool sample and did it today and take it in tommorow. It's kinda gross though having to basically take your own dung and scoop it into the container.One thing I noticed in the stool as I was scooping it into the containers is that I noticed some stringy stuff. Dunno if it was my stool binding together cause of the caltrate or if it was worms but I also noticed those rice like things in my stool again. I've felt better last couple days so thats a good thing. I bought one of those large DQ milkshake to get things moving tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.