Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - ne to the site here, hoping to get some information. I have had IBS for roughly 20+ years, brought on by a gastric bypass. I have always had small ball like cramps in my intestines (very intense!)for years, constipation mixed with diarrea, you know the drill. Reccently, my entire stomach feels like it is in one big giant "vice." It is like one solid cramp that is not ever letting go. The bental/dycyclomine helps for a few hours but then it comes right back. I'm concerned! I am unfortunately without insurance at the present time and am going to the Health Department in the morning to see if they can help. Does anyone get this vice like feeling that doesn't quit in the entire stomach region? I am just very suprised the symptoms have changed this drastically when I have had them the same way for so many years. Any ideas? Thank you for your responses! Hugs and painless tummies to all! Kat

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
That does sound like something that should be checked out if you can. That the antispasmodic helps might indicate it is just the IBS acting up, and those drugs will not do anything to help reduce the pain except for the few hours after you take them. It is like taking an antihistamine. Once it wears off you start sneezing again if you are still around the allergen.My IBS pain was severe and every day and came back as soonn as the antispamsodic wore off. I did better with Levbid which is time released than something that only lasted for a few hours.If you are female and you haven't had a gynecologist visit in awhile that might be something else to get checked out. Sometimes female problems show up as GI symptoms.K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding Kathleen! I am going to call my Doctor now to ask if he can switch me to the Levbid. That may help temporarily until I can get this figured out. Did you ever feel like your ENTIRE stomach was cramping? I have just never felt this type of symptom and wonder if it is common with IBS patients.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I had all over general tenderness with a few areas that hurt more intensely, but anywhere I pressed on my abdomen was unhappy. Just some spots were more unhappy than others.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts