Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i am new to this site (just found it today) and i think its great that we have a place to come to geather and discuss our problems. About 3 years ago i went to the Dominican Republic and became very ill. when i returned it never quite went away and i was diagnosed with post infectious ibs. one day... a pretty emotional even took place and i was very upset. after about a week i had realized my symptoms were totally gone. for the past year and a half i have been totally normal again and felt like i did before i ever heard of IBS. The past week has been a nightmare becuase it seems all my symptoms have returned. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this with such a long time of no symptoms and then having them return again. thanks for you input.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yes, I have had this happen to me.Honestly, about 3 years ago, I was good for about 6 months... I can't even remember what I was doing other than taking natural supplements like Calcium and Papaya Enzymes with meals. I was eating pizza and things of that sort, when out of nowhere my IBS came back with a vengeance! It's been a real struggle ever since... I haven't had a full-time job in about 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had long periods where my IBS is completely under control. So much so that I can drink lager and eat curries as much as I want. But it still comes back to remind me that its still there. It mainly kicks off again during a stressful event, or when I've had long periods of pushing my luck by eating and drinking the wrong things.I'd probably say that you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't get the problem too often, but it sounds like you are still an IBS sufferer.Have you been stressed lately? have there been any big changes to your routines or diet?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wish I could say I've experienced this! Alas no, mine has been relentless, 365 a year for the past ten years. So I say, if you get long periods of remission, enjoy it while it lasts
And if you could figure out what makes it go away for long periods please let me know!
Oh and welcome to the site. You're right, it is a great place to find stuff out and talk to people in similar situations. And welcome to Damian too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know what... i think i have been under some extra stress than usual... is it possible that stress contributes to most of my problems? cause it really seems when i am totally relaxed and doing things i enjoy my symptoms seem to go away for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.