Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS type symptoms for over a year now. My doctor has run numerous tests (lower GI x-ray series, ultrasound, CT scan) looking for cysts, growths, diverticulitis and everything has come up normal so far. My doctor thinks I may have endometriosis in the lower intestine however I’m not sure as rather than get worse during my period my symptoms totally vanish. Because of this I’m thinking whatever is causing my IBS type discomfort may be hormonal. Has anyone ever had anything like this?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Sorry - I had the opposite problem! When I started getting IBS symptoms I thought they were hormonal because they mimiced the symptoms I had during my period. I suppose if you're normally a C-type, the cramps and such even that out so you don't have any symptoms at all.What does your gyno say?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Wow, that's interesting. Most women report that their symptoms are worse just before and/or during their period. Run it by your doc, see what he/she has to say. I'm curious to find out. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, SummerLiz, join the club. My symptoms get better when I am having my period. They are usually worst when I am ovulating. I can almost feel the release of hormones when I have my period and then feel the corresponding drop in the "sensations" in my gut. Things just calm down and I have much less anxiety. I am one of the few women who actually likes getting my period!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.