Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a bloated stomach for a few months. Just thought it was because I'm in a new job and the stress led to eating lots of chocolate. Then realized that I'd been having to go to the bathroom sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. But too busy to think about it. Haven't had constipation just the trots. Almost everything I ate caused my stomach to rumble and roll and feel slightly painful and then off to the bathroom. Also had a fair amount of gas (don't usually have that) and everything was relieved by going, although sometimes only after a couple of times.I don't know what made me think of it, but all of a sudden a couple of days ago I thought of IBS. So looked it up and here I am!In order to try and get it under control I went on a water fast for one day. Once before when I had ordinary diarrhea a doctor told me to go 24 hrs. without food, so thought I'd try it.Then started eating carefully and am still okay so far. It's been 2 days. But I've found that the Eat Right For Your Type Diet seems to be the answer. This is Not an ad for the diet. I'm just an ordinary person. But some years ago I went on the diet and it was great......then lately I've been eating all kinds of things I shouldn't and I wondered if that was what was causing it. So am back on it slowly and carefully and am back to normal at the moment.Maybe some of you would like to try it, it won't hurt and it might actually help. I hope it does, it seems to be working for me at the moment.Good luck to all who have this....it is NOT nice! I totally understand how it feels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It sounds like IBS-like symptoms, but as many of the people on this board will tell you it is best to leave a diagnosis up to the doctor. There are many things that should be eliminated first, some of which can be serious if not treated properly. So I would recommend that you see a doctor and ask about IBS and see what he/she thinks about it.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Spastic Colitis is an old name for what is now called IBS.It may be time to get evaluated again if it has been a long time, especially if anything has changed. Also there may be appropriate treatments that weren't used back when the name spastic colitis was use.New bloating may need to be checked out as sometimes gynecological problems show up symptomatically like GI bloating and stool consistancy/frequency issues.For some people depending on which "type" they are the "eat right for your type" diet may get rid of the majority of common IBS triggers, so it may work for people because of that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI,Actually in the past couple of days my bloating has gone from 6 mths pregnant to 4 mths. Big improvement. I'm not running to the bathroom and don't have pain or rumbling. I'm going to stay on the diet for a few weeks and see what happens. If my stomach keeps going down and everything stays as it is now, hopefully I've found the answer.Before this happened when I had problems with spastic colon it would be because I had stuffed myself and then I would get pain behind my belly button. This is the first time it has gone this far.thank you all for your input. It's so nice to have help.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
your welcome emilyette its nice to welcome new people on here, you will always have someone to talk to on here, ive always found that 99.9% listen, to the other percentage just ignore lol..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.