Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently read a thread about someone having a tailbone cyst and wondering if it was related to IBS. I too have one and my doctor won't help me. I am wondering what to do about it and if it really could be related to IBS? Does anyone else have one too?Beth

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi there, my sister had a cyst on her tailbone when she was about 26. She doesnt have ibs . Hers was very painful so the doctor had to cut it and drain it. She hasnt had one since then.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi there, my sister had a cyst on her tailbone when she was about 26. She doesnt have ibs . Hers was very painful so the doctor had to cut it and drain it. She hasnt had one since then.

G

·
I had a tailbone cyst that was called a Pilenital cyst. They happen early in development when the spine doesn't completely close and a pinhole is left open. Later in life they fester and drain and sometimes have to be excised. Mine finally went away,,whew!.

G

·
I had a tailbone cyst that was called a Pilenital cyst. They happen early in development when the spine doesn't completely close and a pinhole is left open. Later in life they fester and drain and sometimes have to be excised. Mine finally went away,,whew!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts