Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this so please bear with me. I was diagnosed with IBS about 8 years ago, I was never given any proper information on my new found condition just lots of pills and fibre drinks. Over the years I've managed my symptoms through my diet, avoiding foods that I know will upset me. Up until last week this has worked, I'd just returned home after two weeks in Tenerife on a family holiday when my symptoms started, the pain was unbearable. That was on Friday, it's now Tuesday and I'm starting to feel a little better, but still nowhere near well. I've got a doctors appointment later, which I know will be a waste of time and I'll end up being fobbed off with yet more pills and drinks. I suppose I've been lucky up until now and that's why now I'm in this state I don't know what to do. I've been eating very little and running off to the loo every few minutes, the weights dropping off me and I'm already under weight! Please help.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Deb, It sounds like something picked up in travel and it should pass. If you ate unusual food or drank unfamiliar water you could have picked something up. Your doctor will hopefully steer you straight. Good luck. I know you don't want to take a trip down the IBS path.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.