Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed alot of people complain about their IBS after doing/or eating, something they are not suppose to! If you have D after fatty foods, stop eating fatty foods. We have to be extra good to our bodies. We have to eat good, and exercise, and if one med. isn't working, don't take more than the box says, get something stronger. There are also soo many suggestions on here (calcium), I wonder if the people are trying them.Also if you know stress is a trigger, then work on trying to reduce stress or handle stress better (therapy). It is work. We have to work, it isn't fair, but that's how it is. Good Luck TerioP.S. I noticed that once I accepted the fact that this is how my body is and how it responds, and stop fighting, and thinking it isn't fair, I got better. I look at other people worse off than me. I know it sucks, but attitude is the key I think, which I too still have to work on. WORK WORK WORK Good Luck

G

·
AMEN! I agree. The only reason this condition doesn't take over my life is that I refuse to let it. If I'm going to eat or do something that I know will trigger an attack, I think carefully about it first and decide whether or not my current situation will allow me to live with the consequences.A lot of people will probably roll their eyes at me and think I couldn't possibly know what they go through, and granted, my symptoms are mild compared to some I've read on this BB. But I figure it this way... I can exist by running back and forth between the bathroom and bed, or I can live my life and just deal with the symptoms as well as I can. I choose the second option.Terio, were you an oldtimer who was gone for awhile? Your name looks familiar from when I was here a couple years ago.

G

·
AMEN! I agree. The only reason this condition doesn't take over my life is that I refuse to let it. If I'm going to eat or do something that I know will trigger an attack, I think carefully about it first and decide whether or not my current situation will allow me to live with the consequences.A lot of people will probably roll their eyes at me and think I couldn't possibly know what they go through, and granted, my symptoms are mild compared to some I've read on this BB. But I figure it this way... I can exist by running back and forth between the bathroom and bed, or I can live my life and just deal with the symptoms as well as I can. I choose the second option.Terio, were you an oldtimer who was gone for awhile? Your name looks familiar from when I was here a couple years ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know. I think everyone in this board is trying to get better (otherwise they wouldn't be in this board)With chronic illness comes despair, hopelessness, good days, bad days, constant experiementing...etc. Well you get the idea. Basically after having a condition for 10 years many people begin to question everything they are doing or not doing. I just wanted to voice that its very difficult living with something that you are not sure exactly what is causing it. Thanks, JOHN

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know. I think everyone in this board is trying to get better (otherwise they wouldn't be in this board)With chronic illness comes despair, hopelessness, good days, bad days, constant experiementing...etc. Well you get the idea. Basically after having a condition for 10 years many people begin to question everything they are doing or not doing. I just wanted to voice that its very difficult living with something that you are not sure exactly what is causing it. Thanks, JOHN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.