Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hey Joann,I'll post mine if you post yours
Of course, the catch is I haven't done the tests yet...I wanted to wait until I'd been taking the metagenics probiotics for at least a month. (that, or it was a good excuse to procrastinate?) I'll be taking it in abt a week. joyBut it's great you got your results bk so soon. I'm very interested in your interesting results, either privately or publicly--your call. It'd probably be interesting, maybe helpful, to others as well.If you & I post our results, maybe even PB will as well when he gets his back???We can all lay our guts out for the world to see...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hey Joann,I'll post mine if you post yours
Of course, the catch is I haven't done the tests yet...I wanted to wait until I'd been taking the metagenics probiotics for at least a month. (that, or it was a good excuse to procrastinate?) I'll be taking it in abt a week. joyBut it's great you got your results bk so soon. I'm very interested in your interesting results, either privately or publicly--your call. It'd probably be interesting, maybe helpful, to others as well.If you & I post our results, maybe even PB will as well when he gets his back???We can all lay our guts out for the world to see...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tal, I am thinking to post with you.....since some of the testing has info I do not think many would understand the relevance and would need reference to. I am sure some would understand better than me. The short of it is no Acid, no Bifid, a 4+ e coli. these are beneficial. additional bacteria... gamma haemolytic streptcoccus 4+ NP and pseudomonas aeruginosa 4+ PP. Guess what antibiotic is susceptable Yeah, Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Gentamicin, Ticarcillin/CA, Tobramycin. Natural agents Bererine, Oregano, Plant Tannins, Urva Ursi looks like the bar going across is about 75% of the way to High inhibiting. No Parasites. Tal, just to let you know I had the Bacteriology done in January of this year. At that time I had a 1+ Bifid and 4 other bacterian that were NP (non=pathogen). I took Folxin in March and my gut changed where I had symptoms like food was a little off from foods I was able to eat before. There is a part of this testing that may indicate low level inflamation, I think. Did PB do the CDSA 2.0 ? Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tal, I am thinking to post with you.....since some of the testing has info I do not think many would understand the relevance and would need reference to. I am sure some would understand better than me. The short of it is no Acid, no Bifid, a 4+ e coli. these are beneficial. additional bacteria... gamma haemolytic streptcoccus 4+ NP and pseudomonas aeruginosa 4+ PP. Guess what antibiotic is susceptable Yeah, Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Gentamicin, Ticarcillin/CA, Tobramycin. Natural agents Bererine, Oregano, Plant Tannins, Urva Ursi looks like the bar going across is about 75% of the way to High inhibiting. No Parasites. Tal, just to let you know I had the Bacteriology done in January of this year. At that time I had a 1+ Bifid and 4 other bacterian that were NP (non=pathogen). I took Folxin in March and my gut changed where I had symptoms like food was a little off from foods I was able to eat before. There is a part of this testing that may indicate low level inflamation, I think. Did PB do the CDSA 2.0 ? Joann

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well, it must be great for you to know the specifics of your dysbiosis...Have you been taking any probiotics since you were floxed? If so, it sure doesn't look like they could colonize--at least you've got the e coli good guys...Have you decided on which anti/combo of to take?(let me guess, no floxes...
There is supposed to be a part of the test to distinguish btn having the low level infl of IBS vs the high level of IBD. It wasn't clear on the results?Thanks sooo much for sharing this. I WILL do the same.I know PB took a gsdl test, am not sure which one.PB?Hope you keep us updated on the treatment you choose...And you get MUCH better.Thanks again,Tal

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well, it must be great for you to know the specifics of your dysbiosis...Have you been taking any probiotics since you were floxed? If so, it sure doesn't look like they could colonize--at least you've got the e coli good guys...Have you decided on which anti/combo of to take?(let me guess, no floxes...
There is supposed to be a part of the test to distinguish btn having the low level infl of IBS vs the high level of IBD. It wasn't clear on the results?Thanks sooo much for sharing this. I WILL do the same.I know PB took a gsdl test, am not sure which one.PB?Hope you keep us updated on the treatment you choose...And you get MUCH better.Thanks again,Tal

·
Registered
79 Posts
JHouston, thanks for posting, so whats the plan....? Any Drs. giving you advice on the next step...? I will post my results as well, maybe you can help me to better understand them.... also I am wondering why you took the Floxin...? You can bet your bottom dollar that is where your problem lies...I am so convinced it is dysbiosis that is at the center of most of the IBS problems, there are so many other factors that keep the cycle going though, and as I said before three months of strict diet, plenty of metagenics probiotics and I was far from cured, went off the program for 3 weeks to offer up a stool sample and man I had cramps like I had not had in years....so my results are waiting, and though my Chronic Fatigue and Fibro are feeling much better the IBS is still hanging tough....started supplementing more enzymes from Metagenics as well...Spectrazyme I think its called, with the others so I will let you know as soon as I can....good luck...PB

·
Registered
79 Posts
JHouston, thanks for posting, so whats the plan....? Any Drs. giving you advice on the next step...? I will post my results as well, maybe you can help me to better understand them.... also I am wondering why you took the Floxin...? You can bet your bottom dollar that is where your problem lies...I am so convinced it is dysbiosis that is at the center of most of the IBS problems, there are so many other factors that keep the cycle going though, and as I said before three months of strict diet, plenty of metagenics probiotics and I was far from cured, went off the program for 3 weeks to offer up a stool sample and man I had cramps like I had not had in years....so my results are waiting, and though my Chronic Fatigue and Fibro are feeling much better the IBS is still hanging tough....started supplementing more enzymes from Metagenics as well...Spectrazyme I think its called, with the others so I will let you know as soon as I can....good luck...PB

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Joann, Just out of curiosity, but on another post didn't you say you have been taking probiotics for the last six years?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Joann, Just out of curiosity, but on another post didn't you say you have been taking probiotics for the last six years?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tal, I like your positive attitude
...you say at least I have some good e coli. Anyway, I was very anxious opening the envelope....under stress my ability to interpret is flawed. I had to read the report several times and I wish it was more explanatory. Had to go on the GSDL site. there is an "education" link on the site with details. Here goes: My Guts... Digestion/Absorbtion Pancreatic Elastase 1 312 ref range >= 201Putrefactive SCFAs(total)<dl ref range 1.3-8.6 micromol/g Gut ImmunologyEosinophil Protein X 12.8 ref range <= 7.0 mcg/gCalprotectin41 ref range <= 50 mcg/g MetabolicBeneficial SCFAs23.7 ref range >= 13.6 n-Butyrate2.5ph 6.8 ref 6.1-7.9Beta-glucuronidase1,976 ref 406-12,072 U/gBile AcidsLithocholic acid6.37 ref 0.56-5.18 mg/gDeoxycholic acid5.73 ref 0.53-6.85 mg/gLCA/DCA Ratio1.11 ref .31-1.80 What I got from reading on the site is if Calprotectin AND Eosinophilx is elevated then IBD or worse. so low level inflamation since Eosinophil protein X is my take on it. And from above "<dl" I take to mean Decreased levels but It is not defined on the report. Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tal, I like your positive attitude
...you say at least I have some good e coli. Anyway, I was very anxious opening the envelope....under stress my ability to interpret is flawed. I had to read the report several times and I wish it was more explanatory. Had to go on the GSDL site. there is an "education" link on the site with details. Here goes: My Guts... Digestion/Absorbtion Pancreatic Elastase 1 312 ref range >= 201Putrefactive SCFAs(total)<dl ref range 1.3-8.6 micromol/g Gut ImmunologyEosinophil Protein X 12.8 ref range <= 7.0 mcg/gCalprotectin41 ref range <= 50 mcg/g MetabolicBeneficial SCFAs23.7 ref range >= 13.6 n-Butyrate2.5ph 6.8 ref 6.1-7.9Beta-glucuronidase1,976 ref 406-12,072 U/gBile AcidsLithocholic acid6.37 ref 0.56-5.18 mg/gDeoxycholic acid5.73 ref 0.53-6.85 mg/gLCA/DCA Ratio1.11 ref .31-1.80 What I got from reading on the site is if Calprotectin AND Eosinophilx is elevated then IBD or worse. so low level inflamation since Eosinophil protein X is my take on it. And from above "<dl" I take to mean Decreased levels but It is not defined on the report. Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PB, I took Floxin for a UTI (bladder infection). What test did you do? Tal, I like Oregano
Have you ever taken any of the choices given? Maybe plant tannins or all of the Natural Agents just to make sure! Eric, You got that right! the probiotics were from hf store. I will try the metagenics and see how it goes and re-test. Wonder how long I should give it? thinking 3 months. Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PB, I took Floxin for a UTI (bladder infection). What test did you do? Tal, I like Oregano
Have you ever taken any of the choices given? Maybe plant tannins or all of the Natural Agents just to make sure! Eric, You got that right! the probiotics were from hf store. I will try the metagenics and see how it goes and re-test. Wonder how long I should give it? thinking 3 months. Joann

·
Registered
79 Posts
JHouston, Eric asked if you were taking probiotics for 6 years is that true...? Thanks for the info on the floxin, did this precipitate a worsening of previous IBS symptoms, or was it the start of something completely different...? I don't think Eric really cares about the whole probiotic issue he seems to think they are a waste of money, well I would trade my Audio 1000000 HT tapes for a bottle of probiotics in a minute, in fact if anybody wants them I will gladly send them to them... I can preform much better HT on myself just sitting alone in a room....the IBS tapes were like a trip to fantasy land on LSD....waste of time for me...way out of touch with simple commands that a person use over and over....whatever.... Jhouston I am having the comprehensive stool analysis.... I'll let you know when it comes back....Talissa and Kel rule...Eric and flux are Bulletin Board Bullies....go away you big bad boys....the rest of us uniformed children are so scared of your superior intelligence.... tell us how wrong we are again Mr. PHD in IBS Science....

·
Registered
79 Posts
JHouston, Eric asked if you were taking probiotics for 6 years is that true...? Thanks for the info on the floxin, did this precipitate a worsening of previous IBS symptoms, or was it the start of something completely different...? I don't think Eric really cares about the whole probiotic issue he seems to think they are a waste of money, well I would trade my Audio 1000000 HT tapes for a bottle of probiotics in a minute, in fact if anybody wants them I will gladly send them to them... I can preform much better HT on myself just sitting alone in a room....the IBS tapes were like a trip to fantasy land on LSD....waste of time for me...way out of touch with simple commands that a person use over and over....whatever.... Jhouston I am having the comprehensive stool analysis.... I'll let you know when it comes back....Talissa and Kel rule...Eric and flux are Bulletin Board Bullies....go away you big bad boys....the rest of us uniformed children are so scared of your superior intelligence.... tell us how wrong we are again Mr. PHD in IBS Science....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
PB,
Joann, Yeah, back in pre-IBS, know-nothing-about-probiotics days, I would NEVER have thought having e coli could be good. Guess the strains are imp even in potential pathogens.Wow, that's alot to digest. I have some links to helping make sense of the results. Will have to find them. The ph looks good. SFCA's look a bit bad/low, but w/o bifidobacterium that makes sense. The Deoxycholic acid looks good too--but almost high? If it were above range, gallstones might be in your future. The Lithocholic acid is high, but once you get the SCFA's back up with good probiotics and fiber, that should help the LA.I have taken oil of oregano actually--in soft gels caps. It was some time ago, but I don't know how faithful I was at taking them. Had no bad reactions. There are people who believe they're fighting candida that swear by ooo.Hope the metagenics probiotics work better for you. But I've read from 2 good sources now that the probiotics can be transient, not colonize, and still have beneficial results. Taking Digestive Advantage IBS with such huge changes in what I can eat was proof enough for me though.Now I'm actually starting to look forward to taking this test!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
PB,
Joann, Yeah, back in pre-IBS, know-nothing-about-probiotics days, I would NEVER have thought having e coli could be good. Guess the strains are imp even in potential pathogens.Wow, that's alot to digest. I have some links to helping make sense of the results. Will have to find them. The ph looks good. SFCA's look a bit bad/low, but w/o bifidobacterium that makes sense. The Deoxycholic acid looks good too--but almost high? If it were above range, gallstones might be in your future. The Lithocholic acid is high, but once you get the SCFA's back up with good probiotics and fiber, that should help the LA.I have taken oil of oregano actually--in soft gels caps. It was some time ago, but I don't know how faithful I was at taking them. Had no bad reactions. There are people who believe they're fighting candida that swear by ooo.Hope the metagenics probiotics work better for you. But I've read from 2 good sources now that the probiotics can be transient, not colonize, and still have beneficial results. Taking Digestive Advantage IBS with such huge changes in what I can eat was proof enough for me though.Now I'm actually starting to look forward to taking this test!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Your are sadly mistaken on my beliefs and probiotics Poorboy or what I know about them and IBS and IBS in general.Nor do I think you understand HT and those tapes and the 15 years of design behind them as gut specific Hypnotherapy processes or the person who created them, due to your comments, but that is your own belief. They tareget the subconcious and your are thinking concious, but oh well.They have helped more people on this bb, then any one single thing and hundreds and hundreds in the real world. However if you want to send them to me I will find someone a poor clollege student perhaps or someone who would appreciate them, who would be thrilled to have them and who understands them and has taken the time to understand the HT processes for IBS.I would be glad to pay the shipping and handling also.But my question was to Joann, who has been taking probiotics for six years, yet had these test results?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.