Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Does anyone know of a local Dr. that will help me? I was diagnoised about 20 yrs ago with IBS. Ive seen 2 GI Drs. over the past 10 yrs. with them both telling me they couldnt do much for me. Saying to take fiber and stool softeners. LOL, yea what a joke. The last few years has been crippling for me. I cant work but i want to and need to.I havent worked in 3 yrs. As you guys know, my life sucks big time. But since i keep waking up everyday, i must still try to find help. I dont have insurance or alot of money but can pay some since ive been selling off stuff. I think i have mental issues as well but dont know anymore which came first, the chicken or the egg. Ive tried off and on over the years to help myself to no avail. Ive read alot here and other places but im not the sharpest tool in the shed. If you have pertinent info that may help, please be so kind and pass it along. I sincerely thank you!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry that I cannot be of any help in terms of a local doctor.IBS is a very broad scope, though. Are your symptoms C or D? If you suffer from C Zelnorm may be the answer for you.Personally I alternate between the two and my doctor now speculates that maybe I do not produce enough digestive enzymes and has prescribed KUTRASE capsules - not inexpensive - and I am my third day of my first 30 days "trial run", so it's too early to tell if it helps.Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
114 Posts
quote:Even tho i go 2-5 times a day, I dont move enough material. So i think its " C '. Thank you anyway.
Obviously you're the best judge on that issue. However, do remember that one of the symptoms of IBS is that no matter how many times you go or the amount you get rid of, 99% of the time you will not feel like you have had a satisfactory "evacuation".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.