Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
How do you take your tea? Do you have it black or if you have milk or something else in it perhaps that is the culprit? I personally find tea made with a tea-bag fine but do have a bit of an upset stomach when I drink tea made from leaf tea. I have issues with reflux as well as IBS though so who knows. We all have different triggers though so if you are finding black tea irritates you at breakfast time, either confine having it to later in the day or skip it and try a herbal or green or white tea instead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh ok. If it's caffeine you are after I guess you could always try one of fizzy drinks or sports drinks that contain it. However, caffeine is an irritant to some people's digestive systems and it looks like you may fall into that group. Some people still can't tolerate other components of coffee even when it is decaffeinated but can tolerate tea if it is decaffeinated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Coffee or black tea always cause a gastrocolic reflex as well as nausea in me. I find green tea is milder. Think it may be the acidity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On days that I can't really stomach coffee I've found that those Starbucks refreshers they sell in the cooler wake me up pretty nicely and don't upset my stomach too much. Maybe try that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts