Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do teas really work for anxiety? I was at the drugstore and saw this "tilo tea" (I am sorry I do not know the name in English) that suposedly works in the nerve system. I know my grandmother used to give us tea for every discomfort, but I am curious if this tea will help me calm down and not trigger my IBS.

G

·
I've never heard of this type of tea, but when I am anxious I find chammomile tea really helps me. I often take it near bedtime and it helps to calm me, thus sleep. There are all sorts of different teas that do different things. For example, green tea is supposed to aid in digestion. Give the tilo tea a shot and see what works for you. If it is herbal tea and doesn't contain caffeine you probably won't have a problem. Caffeine seems to bother a lot of people and is a trigger for some IBS sufferers.Good luck.

G

·
I've never heard of this type of tea, but when I am anxious I find chammomile tea really helps me. I often take it near bedtime and it helps to calm me, thus sleep. There are all sorts of different teas that do different things. For example, green tea is supposed to aid in digestion. Give the tilo tea a shot and see what works for you. If it is herbal tea and doesn't contain caffeine you probably won't have a problem. Caffeine seems to bother a lot of people and is a trigger for some IBS sufferers.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I don't know about that particular one, but I think certain teas do help (provided they are not caffinated). I think even just the activity of sipping a hot beverage is calming to the body and mind, but some of the herbals out there have special properties that go beyond that. A common one is chammomile tea.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I don't know about that particular one, but I think certain teas do help (provided they are not caffinated). I think even just the activity of sipping a hot beverage is calming to the body and mind, but some of the herbals out there have special properties that go beyond that. A common one is chammomile tea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
HiI just found this website and registered, hope it helps me, at least I can change information with other people who suffer from IBS, I will not feel alone.Just to say that I get very well with Chamomile tea, it helps my colon to relax .I tried green tea and it irritates it.Is there anybody who doesn't do well with green tea?

·
Registered
243 Posts
HiI just found this website and registered, hope it helps me, at least I can change information with other people who suffer from IBS, I will not feel alone.Just to say that I get very well with Chamomile tea, it helps my colon to relax .I tried green tea and it irritates it.Is there anybody who doesn't do well with green tea?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I drink peppermint tea a lot, especially when I want to settle my stomach down after eating. It usually helps right away. And I agree about the act of drinking tea helping calm because there is something about sipping it. But I've also drunk it during business meetings and it still works!!Nancy

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I drink peppermint tea a lot, especially when I want to settle my stomach down after eating. It usually helps right away. And I agree about the act of drinking tea helping calm because there is something about sipping it. But I've also drunk it during business meetings and it still works!!Nancy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks Zayaka for your tip, I read it and I wonder if the green tea I was taking was the pure one. The green tea I took was in sachets and was oriental and its main purpose was to help slimming. It made my IBS worse so I had to stop drinking it.Maybe it wasn't the right greentea?I too get along very well with peppermint and tile tea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks Zayaka for your tip, I read it and I wonder if the green tea I was taking was the pure one. The green tea I took was in sachets and was oriental and its main purpose was to help slimming. It made my IBS worse so I had to stop drinking it.Maybe it wasn't the right greentea?I too get along very well with peppermint and tile tea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.