Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed with IBS for a little over a year now and have been put on some medicine then to take whenever I said stomach "issues" and basically couldn't eat w/o running to the bathroom. Well now I am somewhat over that issue as that only happens every few days instead of 5 times a day. But for the last few months (maybe long than a few...) I have had an AWFUL bloating problem! Any time I eat ANYTHING!! my stomach blows up huge and literally looks like I'm pregnant. I am NOT pregnant and hate looking like I am since I'm in high school. I now only wear T-shirts or sweatshirts since I don't want people to see my stomach and see what it looks like. I had a pop tart at 2:50 pm (its now 6:10) and my stomach is still very huge. I was wondering if anyone knows of things to help with this very embarassing stomach problem. Prom is coming up in a few weeks and now I have to consider not eating dinner with everyone since my stomach will get huge and my dress will show it a lot. PLEASE help me if you know any suggestions/solutions! I have not been to see a doctor with this since my mom prob. won't think its a huge issue but if I need meds to make it go away then I will talk to her. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Definitely go see a doctor! Tell your mom that bloating is an important issue, as it is causing you emotional trouble and phisical discomfort.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been diagnosed with IBS for a little over a year now and have been put on some medicine then to take whenever I said stomach "issues" and basically couldn't eat w/o running to the bathroom. Well now I am somewhat over that issue as that only happens every few days instead of 5 times a day. But for the last few months (maybe long than a few...) I have had an AWFUL bloating problem! Any time I eat ANYTHING!! my stomach blows up huge and literally looks like I'm pregnant. I am NOT pregnant and hate looking like I am since I'm in high school. I now only wear T-shirts or sweatshirts since I don't want people to see my stomach and see what it looks like. I had a pop tart at 2:50 pm (its now 6:10) and my stomach is still very huge. I was wondering if anyone knows of things to help with this very embarassing stomach problem. Prom is coming up in a few weeks and now I have to consider not eating dinner with everyone since my stomach will get huge and my dress will show it a lot. PLEASE help me if you know any suggestions/solutions! I have not been to see a doctor with this since my mom prob. won't think its a huge issue but if I need meds to make it go away then I will talk to her. Thank you very much!
Bad news is that not eating sometimes makes the bloating worse.Eat things that are easy to digest. Broths, soups, stew. Avoid salty foods, dairy and beef and pork. Avoid too much sugar.To help relieve bloating get excercise. Jog if you can. Long walk. Work out. Anything that will physically help move things along.Also the few days before the prom try and get as much sleep as you possible can. I mean try for 10 - 12 hour sleep binge. If you can work out to tire yourself then even better.Make sure you see a doctor.good luck. x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts