Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. It's gross but I'm curious as to how much stool I should be passing. When I "go" it never seems like enough comes out to compensate for how much I eat. My stools are heavy and dry (again, sorry about the grossness)... does that mean they can be small? Uh, can you all tell me about your poo? I know it's not the normal topic of conversation but I know everybody with IBS can relate to this topic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like you are a C like me. Yes, us C types can have small BMs. The other day I strained and pushed and just knew I would need that toilet plunger. I figured I was giving birth to a real doozy. When it was over - I looked and saw this little poop. Just got too C from all the cold medicine I have been taking. Not drinking enough I guess. If my Surfak is working things are pretty normal - well formed. In the old days I would pass a huge, hard BM followed by loose BM's. Thank goodness for the most part those days are over thanks to the Surfak.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you are C type like me then that is perfectly normal. I can strain for ages feeling like I'm giving birth to the Hindenburg, and when I look (and let's face it, we ALL look
)there is almost nothing there!
I often wonder where it all goes to!Drinking heaps of water has no effect on my C. I drink at least 10 glasses a day. I read that your small intestine absorbs the majority of the liquids before they have a chance to reach the bowel, so all you will be doing is urinating more often.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for replying. the weirdest thing happened this morning. i had an almost normal BM. i didn't eat/drink anything different yesterday or take any new meds. weird. i guess it was just luck. i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who has insufficient BMs... thanks for your honesty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.