Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm IBS-D and for the last month or so I've had terrible itching. I've tried all the hemmorhoid treatment to no effect. It all seemed to start after taking antibiotics for a sinus infection. My D isn't any worse than normal so I'm not sure the two are connected. Can someone suggest something good for my itchy butt? I really don't have any pain with it or any bleeding. What could be causing it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi bushjaAlthough I'm more 'c' sometimes when I do go, it can be very loose and frequent and I too experience itching. I was given some antibiotic cream but not allowed to use it for more than a week. It did help a bit but I still had it. Before that I used vasoline on tissue paper, it does help but you have to keep re-applying. I did a bit of a search on the net and found that someone advised Witch Hazel. I gave it a go on cotton wool and although it does sting a bit when applied, I find it better than anything else. I don't have to keep re-applying it as much and it seems to help to dry the skin up unlike the creams which keep things moist and damp. I don't seem to get it as much either, although it may just be coincidence. Maybe worth a try.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi bushjaAlthough I'm more 'c' sometimes when I do go, it can be very loose and frequent and I too experience itching. I was given some antibiotic cream but not allowed to use it for more than a week. It did help a bit but I still had it. Before that I used vasoline on tissue paper, it does help but you have to keep re-applying. I did a bit of a search on the net and found that someone advised Witch Hazel. I gave it a go on cotton wool and although it does sting a bit when applied, I find it better than anything else. I don't have to keep re-applying it as much and it seems to help to dry the skin up unlike the creams which keep things moist and damp. I don't seem to get it as much either, although it may just be coincidence. Maybe worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.