Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had nausea on and off with my IBS for a while now. However, in the past week the nausea feels different. It kind of feels like there's something actually stuck in my throat. It has been there for about at week and nothing I do gets rid of it. I don't know what can be causing this, so I don't know what to take. I've tried pepcid, thinking it might be from acid reflux or something......but it hasn't helped at all. The only thing that gives me slight relief is lying down flat on my back. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? What gets rid of it? I can't stand it anymore.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't believe that nausea with IBS is a common symptoms unless the IBS has gotten so bad that your system is just really backed up. A friend of mine has IBS and she was so constipated that she was backed up half-way up her ribcage. Perhaps that is what has happened to you? I would call your doctor immediately. If you have any other symptoms such as a fever, I would take a visit to your doctor immediately, or, if he or she isn't available, a clinic or the hospital. With reflux, I do feel sometimes like something is in my throat -- and, in fact, something is in my throat -- the acid. However, that should probably go away when you are not eating.Sorry you are having such a rough time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.