Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had horrible pains in my calfs for a while now. Due to ibs my diet is fairly restrictive but I do take take sufficient supplements. I have horrible calv and pain in my knees, also sometimes spreads to the feet, it is really a fatigue of the entire body but the pain in my calves is horrid. It gets worse with exercise and better immediatly as I rest. I heard this could be a potassium defficiency. hehe haven't been eating my bananas since ibs-c hit about a year ago.. any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Scientific Name: Pyrus communisValue: (per 100 gram of the edible part) Proximates Water - 83.810 gram Energy - 59 kcal Energy - 247 kj Protein - 0.390 gram Total lipid (fat) - 0.400 gram Carbohydrate, by difference - 15.110 gram Fiber, total dietary - 2.400 gram Minerals Calcium, Ca - 11 mg Iron, Fe - 0.250 mg Magnesium, Mg - 6 mg Phosphorus, P - 11 mg Potassium, K - 125 mg Sodium, Na - 0 mg Zinc, Zn - 0.120 mg Copper, Cu - 0.113 mg Manganese, Mn - 0.076 mg Selenium, Se - 1 mcg Eat more Pears.Does the trick for IBS Cand take B vitamns in a sublingual form.Warm packs on the calves/knees and sleep with cotton socks and nice flannel jammies.Foot massage from someone who won't abuse your feet.Too deep massage will throw you into a spasm sso choose carefully.Kamie

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Is it pain or cramping you are experiencing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kamie, i will try the pyrus and the heat pads and socks, As far as pears go, I can't digest em at all. It isn't just a cramping it is a pain, feels more like a burning its quite awful and a constant reoccurance.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Ohno, I'm really sorry, I should have been more clear. Pyrus comminus is the common pear.I'm sorry you have trouble digesting them.Is it all pear types? Do you have trouble with other fruits too?I would think the burning could be trapped toxins in the muscles.sometimes muscles do that.If you are not cramping be careful as the winter rolls around because the whole muscle burn can turn into a cramp easily.Just don't curl your toes too much.What do you take for your anti-oxident supplment?What can you take?Give me some thought on what you can take and I'll put on my thinking cap and see if anything we used to work on with the clients might apply to you.Take care. And so very sorry about not being more clear.Hugs,Kamie

·
Registered
927 Posts
Snickers,I think I have had probs. with the same thing you're talking about. Does it feel almost like a constricting feeling? For me it kind of felt like a knot in my calf...only the right leg. I actually have patches of little blue veins (looks like a small bruise) in the two spots I get them. I noticed it seemed to be okay until I went for my evening walks. I smoke, but at the time, I was also drinking a lot of coffee. I stopped drinking coffee on a regular basis now and have found I do not have problems. I know neither of them is good for me (I still smoke). I noticed it when I had a lot of caffeine and if I remember correctly from previous reading about Migraines that caffeine can bring on Migraines as it causes blood vessels to constrict. Not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know.. I used to be a huge tomatoe lover and don't really eat them much anymore. I take a multivitamin but it contains everything but some essential antioxidants. Maybe I should look into one that also contains antioxidants. As far as smoking and drinking coffee goes I do neither. I'm only 18 and I haven't been a soda drinker in years. Hehe my case really sux because I'v always had a great diet, huge veggie lover, whole grains, you know. Than a little over a year ago ibs hit :-( oh well. The pain is sharp at times and sometimes radiates into my knees and knee caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts