Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I'm a new member of this group and I really appreciate all the help you've provided me so far. I'm 48 and have had IBS since I was 11 years old. This year has been particularly rough but I found a GI doctor who put me on a regimen that has been working: two heaping tablespoons of Metamucil before breakfast and before dinner and then three Imodium before sleep. He has also given me Donnatal for the cramps. This system isn't "curing" the IBS, but it has been keeping it in check, that is until this morning. I had one of my worst attacks of IBS this morning: excruciating cramps, diarrhea and vomiting. I ate nothing yesterday that should have triggered this. However, this week I started taking Cardura for my prostate. Does anyone know if Cardura could trigger IBS? It's dismaying because I have been doing everything "right" and then I get ambushed by this horrible attack at 7:00 in the morning. Any feedback would be appreciated regarding the Cardura as well as my doctor's regimen.Thanks,Larry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.