Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my worst day ever. Woke up automatically after 5 hours of sleep. Not good because I had exercised a bit yesterday and I certainly needed much more sleep.

Had liquid diarrea 5-6 times on only one occasion after I had a glass of prune juice on an empty stomach. My stomach made rumbling noises the whole

day and I felt weird. My appetite was low and I had to force myself to eat. Gas was foul smelling. There was a little bit of stomach ache too.

Had an immodium to make my tummy settle down. Its a bit better now, but I am still wide awake ! The day is almost over now, and yet I don't even feel remotely sleepy.

A normal person would have been dead asleep by now. The problem with is that I don't know if the diarrea is caused by infection or IBS until I go to a doctor. I just

don't get how things changed suddenly this way. Was it the food I ate outside ?

The sleep messed me up at work today, but I still managed to get some things done. I need to sleep badly. Please suggest some reliable, IBS-friendly,

, non-addictive OTC medications for sleep. I need it before I go to the doctor. I have an important project tomorrow and I can't go to the doc until the

weekend :(

Help :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been to gastroentologists and psychiayrists and taken over 5 diffferent sleeping pills....none of them worked on me....and long term use of them can be dangerous....dr oz recommends tart cherry juice 1-2 hrs before bedtime....its proven to be effectice with many...it has got low and safe amounts of melatonin presently in it naturally and the sugar content in it is safe as well for daily intake...u may wanna give it a try....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankf for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts