Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at work, im a medical secretary at a hospital in my area, i went hot, had sweats and then this blinding cramp! It felt almost as if i needed to go to the bathroom desperatly, its happend a couple of times now and its really scary, i feel like its related to my already difficult to deal with vasovagal episodes.Im currently taking colpermin and so far it is working, its when it stops working or if the pain gets through its unbearable! I bloated so bad today that i couldnt fit my pants or my top!To be honest it scared me, i have always been affected by my IBS but i was scared today, of being noticed (clearly in agony and sweating) and that something inside me could cause so much pain and anxiety!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I used to get the really bad cramps before a D episode, I'd always get flushed and break out in a sweat. Often my heart would race and I'd get anxious at the sense of urgency. It is scary to feel that way. Of course it's a bit of a feedback loop, in that the anxiousness seems to make everything seem more scary, which causes more stress, etc. I think if you ask around alot of folks on this board have experiences like this, so you're not alone. I don't have any words of wisdom except what used to help me which was simply thiking the words "this will pass", which it would eventually. That would help me feel more calm. Also, over time the episodes lost some of their intensity and I stopped worrying about them as much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i dont know what to say to you!really wish i could gve you some magic advise to make it al go away for youdont even know half the words r conditions you were talking about- but from what i can knd of gather is that this episode hapened when your medecine was running out? or was wearing off? i know its a long shot but does this have something to do with it?i do know that the body builds up a resistance to things and get used to things and medecine which used to last longer often wears ff quicker- do you think this may have had something to do with it?if this does have some kind of tenuous link maybe you could bear the fact in mind and talk to the doctor about it- maybe he might have suggestions- thats all i can offer you as suggestion- i realy wish i could cme up with magic solutionwhat the ther person said before me is realy useful and brilliant adviceand that was to tell yourself "this will pass" and to deal with the panic- especially if you are sweating etc- it is scarey. i know its nothing to do with this but a few years ago i used to suffer from bad indegestion, i was on heavy medication and it used to make me pig out and comfort eat then id wake up in the night feeling sick- needing the loo and needing to be sick at same time and i would be in the bathroom feeling so so sick but when id be sick id feel like dying, sometimes i would burp whe being sick and then i gathered that when you had indegestion you feel sick because you are blocked up with air and it thats all it was- so when i next had that episode i would breathe through it and tell myself that the sicky feeling is blocked air and all i had to d was do a couple f yoga position on my back to push the air out- this helped my panic to think like this- especially when you feel yur face go all sweaty and you start to ink its not normal to feel this bad- it is normal theres a logical explanation for it- you just have to figure out what it is. so keep that breathing running through i really helps- deep slow breathing and tel yourself there is logical reason for feeling the way you do.i hope you figure out how to prevent it frm getting that bad- i improved with the medication and thus didnt over eat again and ave never had indegestion lie it since- never want to either it was truly horrid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, reading this has made me realise i'm not alone with this. I have also experienced this and alot of the time i feel panicky as i start thinking wheres the nearest toilet or what if i dont reach someone in time. Over the last few months ive learned to tell myself calmly that i'm ok that there is nothing to worry about and it will pass. I know at the moment its scary but in time you will come up with a way to calm yourself. I try to detatch my brainn from thinking about the pain and try to think of solutions and of calmer things. Good luck with everything and also i've found this forum so helpful with learning to clope as you realsie you dont have to cope alone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts