Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Friday I am going to have this test. From what I have read, they fill you up with stuff then ask you to go to the bathroom and monitor your pelvic muscles via Xray. The only prep they asked for is 2 Fleet enemas early that morning. If they are trying to get me emptied, I doubt that will do it....Has anyone out there had one? Do you think I should take my Dulcolax the night before or do anything else?It is very frustrating, the test sounds awful, the coordinator couldn't care less, I am just a name on a list. I asked if they could use water soluble stuff (which my gastro requested when we did the barium enema) and both she AND the colorectal surgeon were like, You will have to talk to the radiologist. Also I did the sitz marker test about a month ago, and the colorectal surgeon who ordered it never has called me back with the results. I assume he is waiting to have this other test's results but he could have called.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't need you completely empty, just the rectum, last little bit of the colon.
Absolutely correct as usual Kathleen!It went "well", the nurse was fantastic, cheerful and explained everything and answered all my questions. It went quickly and I could actually see the xrays, quite interesting to see things moving in there like a piece of machinery. Of course they can´t tell me anything but the nurse did tell me the most common finding is rectocele. We shall see.In any case, it was not painful, only momentarily discomforting and over very quickly and done with great professionalism.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.